Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Keep-Downsize Coming

HVani

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I was out of town for a couple days for a wedding. I came back and the tank seems ok. I have diatoms now :)

Some of my corals are not adjusting well to the new tank and my urchin has died. I'm just going with it. So far all the fish are doing well. My lights look like poop. I can't wait till my new bulbs get here (Thursday). Today I'm gonna attempt a water change. Should be interesting :)

Now Im worried about my Panorama Pros! Since I will be upgradeing my Biocube to a 40 breeder with sump I might have to go with a 4 or 6 bulb T-5 fixture!

New thread name!!!! Almost missed it :)

I think it's common for people to lose things with a switcheroo of tanks. Sorry you are going through that though. I hope the water change goes well!!!!

Glad you found it!

Yeah I'm not too worried about loosing stuff. I'm just glad I'm not loosing fish.

Water change went smoothly, just a little slow since I'm siphoning from the sump.

OH update on the panorama pros! Ecoxotic replaced my 10k/blues(in the mail) and I'm still waiting to hear back on the Magentas. I don't have a receipt or order number for them so I may not get them replaced. We'll see. After this experience though I am considering selling them. I don't think they are doing much for my tank right now.

Glad you found it!

Yeah I'm not too worried about loosing stuff. I'm just glad I'm not loosing fish.

Water change went smoothly, just a little slow since I'm siphoning from the sump.

OH update on the panorama pros! Ecoxotic replaced my 10k/blues(in the mail) and I'm still waiting to hear back on the Magentas. I don't have a receipt or order number for them so I may not get them replaced. We'll see. After this experience though I am considering selling them. I don't think they are doing much for my tank right now.

That's awesome that they replaced the 10k/blues. Hopefully they'll do the same for the magentas.

I heard back today on the Magentas and they will not be replacing them. Oh well. I'm using them as supplemental lighting until they totally burn out.

I heard back today on the Magentas and they will not be replacing them. Oh well. I'm using them as supplemental lighting until they totally burn out.

I just got mine replaced, I was able to provide them a receipt and everything. They are good with their warrantee for the most part.

Nice name for the thread.

Yeah I had an order number for 2 modules but no receipt or anything for the other 2. The business I got them through has since gone out of business.

Oh well. I'm ok with it :)

New bulbs came in and look awesome!

Full Tank shot

fulltankspetember.png

My nem split :) It lost some color in the process but has been looking great since the split

splitnem.png

eagles-2.png

thedragon.png

redhornets.png

Haha I think it looks awful but it's getting there.

It looks pretty empty. The only fish at first glance are the clowns. But after a while you start seeing the others. I also hate the white rock and how tiny my corals all are. My previous tank looked so nice when I took it down. It's been annoying to find myself starting over.

I've had some issues with this tank which has been really frustrating. I have lost a few corals and some have bleached. I also had a leak spring up in the plumbing that I had to fix. Trying to get into the tank right now is a real pain. I'm trying to figure it all out though.

I just want everything to mature faster XD

I did purchase some cheato with feather dusters from Kgoldy. This cheato is coming from a very mature fuge with lots of life! Hopefully it can boost my fuge a bit. I'm excited for a bit more diversity.

jedimasterben

This tank has my

seal-of-approval.jpg

:D

How long have you had the pros? I bet they are still under some sort of warranty considering they are supposed to last like 7 years or so!!!!!

Only LEDs that are properly cooled with an adequately sized heatsink will last that long. The way these are made, I don't see most lasting more than two years. :/

Haha I think it looks awful but it's getting there.

It looks pretty empty. The only fish at first glance are the clowns. But after a while you start seeing the others. I also hate the white rock and how tiny my corals all are. My previous tank looked so nice when I took it down. It's been annoying to find myself starting over.

I've had some issues with this tank which has been really frustrating. I have lost a few corals and some have bleached. I also had a leak spring up in the plumbing that I had to fix. Trying to get into the tank right now is a real pain. I'm trying to figure it all out though.

I just want everything to mature faster XD

I did purchase some cheato with feather dusters from Kgoldy. This cheato is coming from a very mature fuge with lots of life! Hopefully it can boost my fuge a bit. I'm excited for a bit more diversity.

Well, they say we are our own worst critic. It looks FANTASTIC, so stop saying otherwise :lol:

Only LEDs that are properly cooled with an adequately sized heatsink will last that long. The way these are made, I don't see most lasting more than two years. :/

Noooooo!!!!! I hope you are wrong!!!!!! I'll let you know how mine do. I think it's been a year now, have to double check my records.

Woa! I totally missed that you got a new tank. That rock wall is amazing! Nice work.

And I just have to say I love the dragon. I had the taller version (the one standing up) from Petsmart in my cichlid tank. So cool :)

Everything is looking great. I love the rock wall and was contemplating on doing one...wish I would a now. The lights look a lot better with new bulbs I'm glad that you are pleased with them. If you ever decide to go DIY led call me up I've already done a couple lol. Waiting for everything to mature is one of the hardest parts but the most fun in my opinion. Keep up the good work I'm following along.

I was thinking the SAME thing!

Right now she's hiding in the rock wall. I bet tonight though she will come out and find a nice place to live.

Sooo

This gem has been at the LFS for 3 weeks

They had her in a display tank and she was eating very well. She eats frozen without target feeding but has some trouble finding it. Also there were lots of small fish in the tank that she did not touch at all, PLUS the tank was open top. I figured it was meant to be and I did just get my first pay check :) :)

She does look like a she, now that you mention it. Oh...I HOPE she lives in the dragon. What a statement those two would make!!!!!!! How could she not want to...it's PERFECT for her :)

Congrats on your new addition. I love her already :wub:

Thank you!

I thought she looked like a she as well. I have no idea how to tell for sure. Hopefully she comes out to eat tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed she lives in the dragon

I'm so excited, I have always wanted a moray. My favorite moray is the Green Moray, buuuut That's not gonna happen lol.

Archived