2 WP25 with dual controller
Maxijet Utility pump 3000
Aquamaxx HOB skimmer
NanoBox 24" Duo

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! I have followers :P

The tank is drilled, painted and back in the house. Today I'll be making tops for it. I'm waiting on a shipment from marine depot so I can finish the plumping and do a leak test :D

Sweet! I have followers :P

The tank is drilled, painted and back in the house. Today I'll be making tops for it. I'm waiting on a shipment from marine depot so I can finish the plumping and do a leak test :D

What color background? And by tops do you mean to keep the fish in? I have to do the same and am looking for ideas!!!!!

I have the background painted black but I am planning a rock wall for this tank. I plan on having a few gaps between rocks and I want that to show the black background, it should give the tank some depth.

NO open top here I just finished making the screen tops to keep my fish in. My husband helped which was awesome because he is MUCH more precise than I am. I get impatient and end up with uneven things. But these fit perfectly.

Rock arrived today. Tomorrow I will start on the rock wall. I'll try and get pictures of how it looks now :)

Whew that took a while but I got the rock wall started. The foam is all in and I'm letting it cure. I'm thinking about letting the foam cure fo 3-4 days then trim and epoxy/sand. Then let it cure a week or so before putting it in the tank

Anyway here are a few pictures from the progress so far.

tops.png

backoftank.png

bothwalls.png

wall1.png

wall2.png

Looks really nice and I am interested to see how this turns out, but somebody needs some lessons on how to paint omgomgomg

Eh, so little of the background is going to show my paint job really doesn't matter :P

Believe it or not I'm an artist haha

Also if anyone is interested here is a list of things I used to make my rock wall:

Dry rock, mine came from reef cleaners

Egg crate cut to the size of the tank. I made holes for my overflow box and return.

Tetra pond foam, I used 2 cans, this stuff does not go very far

Zip ties, to tie the rocks to the egg crate

Band aides :( I cut myself a lot on the egg crate

Epoxy, I'm using a food grade epoxy

crushed coral, to make it look more natural :)

Plumbing is done! Tomorrow is water test day. Hopefully I don't have any leaks. :fingerscrossed:

Then I have to finish the rock wall and let the epoxy cure for a week or so.

Plumping is done! Tomorrow is water test day. Hopefully I don't have any leaks. :fingerscrossed:

Then I have to finish the rock wall and let the epoxy cure for a week or so.

Yay!!!! Can't wait to see it :) Are you ahead of schedule on setting this one up or right on schedule???? I like the dimensions of that tank a lot!!!!! It looks great in your room too!!!!

I'm pretty ahead of schedule now lol. I was planning on setting it after the first of the year. But I didn't have a great reason to. So now it's getting set up.

Water test day! omgomgomg

So far one small leak that was easily fixed. Now I'm on watch for slow leaks

Just a quick update on the tank.

I'm giving the epoxy a full week to cure. The smell is pretty much gone but I want to be sure. Now I'm just washing the sand so it can be added to the tank. I started filling up the sump with water from water changes on my 25 gallon. :)

It's getting close. I have fragged/separated several corals and remounted them. Once the new tank is set up these will go in first once things settle down.

I also picked up 12 more pounds of dry rock.

Archived