Pod Your Reef

8 gallon stocking options

Kfmmartin19

Kfmmartin19

Hey everyone, helping set up an 8 gallon reef and looking for opinions for stocking as far as fish go. What I was thinking either 1 more aggressive fish like a perc/occ clownfish or some damsel, or 2 peaceful fish like a goby, firefish, possum wrasse, etc. Does this number sound right? I've never had a tank this small so just wanted to know if I am in the right ballpark. Any interesting fish/fish combo ideas for this tank? Thanks.

If it was my tank I would get a Firefish and a Yellow Clown Goby or a Citrinis Clown Goby for peaceful fish. I would get a Yellowtail Damsel and a True Percula Clown for aggressive fish.

I've been thinking about stocking options for my 8 gallon as well (which one do you have btw? I've got one of the NUVO marine tanks). What, if anything, would go well with a firefish? I was thinking a tailspot blenny would mix well with it and satisfy the "two smaller fish" idea.

darkwhitemagic

I have a firefish, and it gets along with everything... ywg, clowns, jawfish, etc... i think they are only aggressive towards other firefish, so if that's the case than you should be good.

Kfmmartin19
I've been thinking about stocking options for my 8 gallon as well (which one do you have btw? I've got one of the NUVO marine tanks). What, if anything, would go well with a firefish? I was thinking a tailspot blenny would mix well with it and satisfy the "two smaller fish" idea.

It is an ADG 30-c rimless. Btw I HIGHLY recommend the Tailspot blenny. I have one in my biocube 29 and he is by far the funniest fish with the most attitude I have ever seen! He is hilarious, and wouldb't hurt a fly. Thx for the suggestions guys, keep it up!

Archived