Top Shelf Aquatics

Wawawang's 34g Solona

Wawawang

I eventually outgrew my 5g AIO and ran onto a used 34g solona setup.

Its been going for about 6 months now. This tank was mostly stocked from nuisance algae, corals, extra live rock from my main sps display. I also use this tank as a quarantine and a hospital tank for fish or corals that have issues in my main display.

Its really starting to come together and it really brings a different type of feel compared to my sps tank. Almost to the point I'm starting to like this tank better lol. I just wanted to share it with others.

-Tank: 34g Solona

-Stand: stock black Solona stand

-Light: Giessman 150 w/ icecap 150watt electronic ballast

-Bulb: Pheonix

-Skimmer: nano doc with in tank skimmer cup. (i only run the skimmer at 4 hours at night since its too loud)

-Controller: reef keeper lite

-Heater: Ebo 150 watt

-ATO: JBJ 5g reservoir

Livestock:

-Liverock - 15 lbs misc rock

-Fish - 2x true perks

-Inverts - 5 margerita snails

-Corals - rics, shrooms, birdsnest, duncans, zoas, xenia, gsp, etc.

-Plants: mangrove, calearpa, GHA, etc.

6 months ago

7370e04e.jpg

118af624.jpg

Today

_MG_2328a.jpg

_MG_2326a.jpg

I plan on adding more fish (maybe a bunch if bangaii's) not sure what type yet. Possibly a BTA if i could ever find a rare one like a sunrise BTA.

Thanks for looking.

thanks everyone. its held up by acrylic rods, wire ties, and silicone.

what makes this tank special for me is all the movement and the natural beauty the plants bring. really relaxing to observe compared to the sps tank i have.

Cool tank man. Love the small ric/shroom garden at the base. I too am very impressed with the rock work. I just picked up a 34g Solana and have it starting to cycle now. The actual dry-rock should arrive in a couple days.

With the acrylic rods, I assume you drilled your rock? If so, did you just use an all-purpose drillbit? Any issues or advice on drilling dry rock?

Yes all purpose drill.bit was used. I drilled the rock when it was dry and some rocks would just fall apart. just finess the bit dont try to force it at all. i also used some epoxy to cover the ties and covered that with the crumbs from drilling the rock.

aquemeni5110
thanks everyone. its held up by acrylic rods, wire ties, and silicone.

what makes this tank special for me is all the movement and the natural beauty the plants bring. really relaxing to observe compared to the sps tank i have.

This is definitely one of my favorites. Great job on this tank. I also like your 5g AIO especially the pic where it had a foreground, mid and top layout.

• 2 years later...

Archived