inTank Media Baskets

Stones & Roses

jball1125

Tank looks good man. You planning on doing an Acan floor instead of BB?? :)

They grow significantly faster across a flat surface since they do not need to add nearly as much mass to the skeleton.

I dunno man, take a 8x10 piece of paper and slide the ends closer together making small "hills" its still an 8x10 piece of paper just looks bigger laying flat. Acans aren't going to grow a thicker skeleton to become flat they will conform to what they are growing on for the most part.

Will they look like they are growing faster, and cover more linear area, yes but I don't think they would actually grow much if any faster.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something like that! ;)

Tank looks good man. You planning on doing an Acan floor instead of BB?? :)

I dunno man, take a 8x10 piece of paper and slide the ends closer together making small "hills" its still an 8x10 piece of paper just looks bigger laying flat. Acans aren't going to grow a thicker skeleton to become flat they will conform to what they are growing on for the most part.

Will they look like they are growing faster, and cover more linear area, yes but I don't think they would actually grow much if any faster.

That will be sweet for sure! If your not already Id suggest getting some Reef Roids, and despite the name Acropower. I throw some of either in and all my LPS get their feeders out real quick!

Now you can add some height w/ some photosynthetic gorgs or something on your mountain. That would look cool, like a tree line. And yeah, I like the pink rock flower hiding on the backside.

That will be sweet for sure! If your not already Id suggest getting some Reef Roids, and despite the name Acropower. I throw some of either in and all my LPS get their feeders out real quick!

Definitely going to give it a try!

Now you can add some height w/ some photosynthetic gorgs or something on your mountain. That would look cool, like a tree line. And yeah, I like the pink rock flower hiding on the backside.

Ive been thinking of adding something to that top corner. Gorgs might look cool!

Might also add a plating sps to that top corner on the glass since it will have a bit of room to grow and shadow without affecting anyone.

SpankythePyro

They grow significantly faster across a flat surface since they do not need to add nearly as much mass to the skeleton.

easier but more fragile to frag too!

easier but more fragile to frag too!

I dont plan on fragging unless they start to run into a rival so no biggy there.

Gt some goodies today from a fellow form member. @Chris! knows how to ship corals!!!!!!!

IMG_0717_zpsfc7cd9db.jpg

IMG_0718_zps6a7319e7.jpg

IMG_0720_zps60f9803c.jpg

IMG_0721_zps6bee60ad.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps156adcb6.jpg

Pics when they acclimate.

Just added this clown. I have never liked the whited out clowns but this one was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrOsid_AlA

:wub: everything about this. The white clown is a perfect addition too. You know what would look really neat? A single

photosynthetic gorgonian on that top left rock :).

I may have to copy this tank someday :D.

:wub: everything about this. The white clown is a perfect addition too. You know what would look really neat? A single

photosynthetic gorgonian on that top left rock :).

I may have to copy this tank someday :D.

:D:D:blush::):)

Thanks Gena.

Two for two on the gorgonian. Might have to make that happen.

So Im stoked because the white clown decided to dive in tho the BTA. Hopefully the misbar joins him soon. (I seriously need to name them)

:D:D:blush::):)

Thanks Gena.

Two for two on the gorgonian. Might have to make that happen.

So Im stoked because the white clown decided to dive in tho the BTA. Hopefully the misbar joins him soon. (I seriously need to name them)

Awesome :happydance:. And the new additions are incredible...those colors :wub:.

Awesome :happydance:. And the new additions are incredible...those colors :wub:.

Thank you Gena. :)

I added a pair of scarlet hermits and a trio trochus snails to the CUC today. Hopefully the Scarlett's don't steel any shells...

Glad to see everything looking amazing and happy already! That bowerbanki is my favorite piece in my collection so far so it makes me very happy to see it looking good in its new home :)

The bowerbanki is awesome, I love how big the polyps are.

Yeah they get to be a pretty good size. I don't know how well it will play with the acan lords tho when they all grow out..... I have protected it from EVERYTHING lol

It really loves to eat too :)

Yea it's the first one to bring out its tentacles when I feed.

I'll keep an eye on it with the lords. Definitely don't want to guiniue pig it. Lol

Yea it's the first one to bring out its tentacles when I feed.

I'll keep an eye on it with the lords. Definitely don't want to guiniue pig it. Lol

Yeah both my mother colonies are the same way. It doesn't matter what I feed they shoot out their tentacles faster then my fish react I think sometimes lol It especially loves when I feed Acropower and Reef Roids ;)

Yeah I don't blame ya I wouldn't want to risk it either!

Oh yeah, I used to directly feed it NLS pellets as well, but I haven't in months and it has been growing and increasing in color still with just broadcast feeding the tank. That said your tank is alot smaller and likely couldn't handle all I feed so it probably wouldn't hurt to directly feed it a little atleast once a week or so either.

Yeah both my mother colonies are the same way. It doesn't matter what I feed they shoot out their tentacles faster then my fish react I think sometimes lol It especially loves when I feed Acropower and Reef Roids ;)

Yeah I don't blame ya I wouldn't want to risk it either!

Oh yeah, I used to directly feed it NLS pellets as well, but I haven't in months and it has been growing and increasing in color still with just broadcast feeding the tank. That said your tank is alot smaller and likely couldn't handle all I feed so it probably wouldn't hurt to directly feed it a little atleast once a week or so either.

Yea I prefer to target feed meaty foods, keeps the tank cleaner. Just yesterday I fed her some pieces of shrimp.

I couldnt come up with a name for the clownfish so I handed the task to my better half. She came up with Strawberry (for the bigger misbar) and Shortcake (for the smaller white one). I laughed for a good 5 minutes when I heard it, so clever! Especially since I love strawberry shortcake!

ha! the first time I had some move in my 34 I was shocked & laughed when I realized how fast they can be. Some people don't like it when they move, I love it. Always makes me think one got in an argument over a crevice. Can't recall who it was but some one had a time-lapse of some crawling around. Maybe type time-lapse and you'll find it.

ha! the first time I had some move in my 34 I was shocked & laughed when I realized how fast they can be. Some people don't like it when they move, I love it. Always makes me think one got in an argument over a crevice. Can't recall who it was but some one had a time-lapse of some crawling around. Maybe type time-lapse and you'll find it.

Haha yea they are fast and stealthy.

Archived