Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anything for the CADLights 8g

aIIan

Looking to do something about the filtration of my kid's new CADLights 8g.

Doesn't look like you have anything made specifically for it but do you have any baskets that might fit?

The dimensions are roughly 3.5" * 2.125" * 8.5"

eddiecorrea

Stuff some filtration into chamber 1 such as chemipure or floss and then a macro in 2. Leave 3 empty.

Just stuff it in sounds a little sloppy and there doesn't seem to be very much flow in the second chamber, I think it was meant to be a fuge of some sort.

BC8MR looks like it might fit. A little too tall though. - nope, way too big.

Looks like I'll have to figure something out on my own. Maybe I'll steal iRack's setup.

eddiecorrea
Just stuff it in sounds a little sloppy and there doesn't seem to be very much flow in the second chamber, I think it was meant to be a fuge of some sort.

BC8MR looks like it might fit. A little too tall though. - nope, way too big.

Looks like I'll have to figure something out on my own. Maybe I'll steal iRack's setup.

It is not sloppy. It is a perfect solution. I've been doing it for 6 months with great results. There isn't much flow in chamber 2 unless you upgrade the stock pump. Throw a maxi jet 900 in and call it a day.

Turns out the Maxi Jet 900 is a bit of overkill, it creates one hell of a sandstorm in my little cube. Is there any way to tone these things down?

Maybe a Spinstream or Hydor Flo.

eddiecorrea
Turns out the Maxi Jet 900 is a bit of overkill, it creates one hell of a sandstorm in my little cube. Is there any way to tone these things down?

Maybe a Spinstream or Hydor Flo.

I have a Hydor Flo in mine. I also cut the blades on the impeller some. Try a Spinstream though. I wish I would have gone that route. It is smaller then the Hydor and doesn't jam as easily.

How much did you trim off the impeller? I think I'll try that too...

Nice car btw, I've been trying to convince the misses to let me get her the latest STI, damn things are sexy as hell.

slickwill613

Nice car btw, I've been trying to convince the misses to let me get her the latest STI, damn things are sexy as hell.

Not being helpful, just being a good union man. Buy an american make. I had a scooby and they are junk. Just google used car reviews. If it doesn't have a uaw sticker they aren't getting my money. BTW, it would be wasted on the wife anyway.

Not being helpful, just being a good union man. Buy an american make. I had a scooby and they are junk. Just google used car reviews. If it doesn't have a uaw sticker they aren't getting my money. BTW, it would be wasted on the wife anyway.

LOL, I won't go down the union road with you BUT my Tundra was built in TX by pseudo Americans and that's good enough for me. Wasted on the wife? Maybe but if I didn't have to pull a boat around every other weekend I'd have one sitting in my spot. She's due for an upgrade and why not get something I might enjoy taking for the day?

slickwill613
LOL, I won't go down the union road with you BUT my Tundra was built in TX by pseudo Americans and that's good enough for me. Wasted on the wife? Maybe but if I didn't have to pull a boat around every other weekend I'd have one sitting in my spot. She's due for an upgrade and why not get something I might enjoy taking for the day?

Fair enough. Though some US toyota plants ARE uaw. You can buy a union built corolla. Hear you on the truck though, have a gmc to pull my camper so I can put food on the table. Love the life of a tramp electrician. Lol @ "pseudo americans". But I just couldn't drive a truck that's first three letters are T O and Y. Seriously about the scooby, rethink it. NOT worth the hassle. If you must have a HO motor with a turbo go to the germans. Otherwise there are plenty of blown rat rides that are better than a dern subaru. OR you could go the NA american, no replacement for displacement route... Can't blame me for trying, plus no woman ever turns down a 'Vette.

eddiecorrea

Maybe 1/8in.

Thanks. I love my car. Also have a WRX Eaton.

I could care less who makes it. My car will kick the crap out of any American made car on the road. And you don't hear about recalls on subarus like you do on American cars.

At over 340ft lbs tq you could pull a boat with my car. Hahaha

Archived