• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

I think they missed a decimal place....lol smh

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/for/5024058292.html

(not to mention the choice of livestock for how small that tank is...)

he's got some pretty expensive fish in there. lol but that water really does hold up the value pretty good.

soo... this happened.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/hab/5106571487.html

I hope everyone is testing their marine aquariums for sugar levels. And slurpees.

you don't test your slurpees? if its under 500ppm on sugar there no brain freeze or sugar rush. lol

Okay Im texting him now lol. Cant resist!

Ha! If you do, post the transcript, I'd love to know the details and how that would work. I was tempted to text as well out of curiosity

If the monthly price was decent and it included routine maintenance and any cost really that goes along with owning a tank, might not be bad for the consumer. People trade in aquariums as often as they do cars. Interesting concept lol

HarryPotter

Ha! If you do, post the transcript, I'd love to know the details and how that would work. I was tempted to text as well out of curiosity

Lol sure. No response yet :)

I'll ask if he leases "nemo" tanks or angelfish

TBH that's not a bad idea to make some money. I mean, we lease horses all the time. The goal is to have someone else finance your hobby (with an animal you're not using) while decreasing your workload. I wonder what his terms are... Horses are harder to kill than fish... lol

Isn't that basically what ATM and Fish Tank Kings etc do? Not just build tanks for people but offer a maintenance and upkeep contracts for offices, restaurants and the like they install these tanks in?

I'm in the UK and I think most hotels over here that have big tanks have a third party maintaining the systems.

Also, I've been looking in on this thread occasionally. Funny as hell, do feel sorry for some of the fish though, the Oscar in an edge 46 was a bit much, where do these idiots get sold this stuff? Thanks for sharing.

Isn't that basically what ATM and Fish Tank Kings etc do? Not just build tanks for people but offer a maintenance and upkeep contracts for offices, restaurants and the like they install these tanks in?

I'm in the UK and I think most hotels over here that have big tanks have a third party maintaining the systems.

Also, I've been looking in on this thread occasionally. Funny as hell, do feel sorry for some of the fish though, the Oscar in an edge 46 was a bit much, where do these idiots get sold this stuff? Thanks for sharing.

Yea I understand maintenance contracts for upkeeps for dentist offices, businesses, etc. But leasing an actual tank? Like, you don't actually own it, just renting it. So you give it back after your lease is up. It made me scratch my head for sure lol

Yea I understand maintenance contracts for upkeeps for dentist offices, businesses, etc. But leasing an actual tank? Like, you don't actually own it, just renting it. So you give it back after your lease is up. It made me scratch my head for sure lol

Why not? You lease a car.

What's a big system 6x2x2 for instance going to cost, plus equipment (skimmer etc) plus livestock.

Why pay one massive lump sum up front plus a maintenance contract when you could spread the cost over a set period and upgrade after a few years when stuffs getting tired or tastes change?

But anyway I'm taking this thread off topic. Would you allow stupid things posted on FaceBook selling pages (that's the big thing here in the UK, we don't have a craigslist), there have been some corkers lately..... I'll print screen the next one that makes me chuckle.

Why not? You lease a car.

What's a big system 6x2x2 for instance going to cost, plus equipment (skimmer etc) plus livestock.

Why pay one massive lump sum up front plus a maintenance contract when you could spread the cost over a set period and upgrade after a few years when stuffs getting tired or tastes change?

But anyway I'm taking this thread off topic. Would you allow stupid things posted on FaceBook selling pages (that's the big thing here in the UK, we don't have a craigslist), there have been some corkers lately..... I'll print screen the next one that makes me chuckle.

Yea man, doesn't have to absolutely be craigslist....post'em up!

Archived