Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plus One

Rollermonkey

albertthiel
I just wanted to say what others have, what a wonderful service Reef Cleaners is. Not only did I get what I ordered, I got so much more. Hell, I probably could have set up a second tank there were so many Dwarf Ceriths. Everything is spread out and doing the job they were bought for. Next tank I'll be ordering again.

Steve

Mine have not all gotten woken up yet as John calls it and I had to take a bunch of them out as I was starting to get a very low level of ammonia and nitrite, so I have to assume that some died off.

I siphoned probably about 100 or so out but still have more left than what I ordered. Still have some on the sand that have not moved so I may have to take those out too with a siphon.

I still want to point out that John's service is above and beyond what I had expected.

Albert

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney

Thank you!

We need a slow mail service, I will try to code that into the rules. I have to see what restrictions they have too, last time I sent them that way they returned it b/c my envelop wasn't flat. They were large shells though, and the envelop did come out funny looking and in a weird shape.

Thanks Albert! You are as creative with screen names as I am. :)

albertthiel
Thank you!

We need a slow mail service, I will try to code that into the rules. I have to see what restrictions they have too, last time I sent them that way they returned it b/c my envelop wasn't flat. They were large shells though, and the envelop did come out funny looking and in a weird shape.

Thanks John ... yes I guess I am indeed :-)

Mind you even though a large number never woke up, I still got far more than what I ordered. I think I have some more than did not make it but not to worry there are far more than the 25 I ordered that are crawling around.

You provide great service and that is rare nowadays. Thank you.

What I need is algae for a sump probably Ochtodes and Chaetomorpha .. I'll have a look on your site what you have either later or tomorrow, or PM me what you have when you have a minute.

Albert

jedimasterben
Thank you!

They must be sent via first class parcel - if it is rigid or oddly shaped it cannot be sent as normal first class or first class flat.

And the fuzzy chiton I had ordered about a week ago arrived dead - as soon as I dropped him in, the nassarius snails immediately appeared and he became a snack. The hawk wing conch arrived perfect and is flat-out awesome!

albertthiel
They must be sent via first class parcel - if it is rigid or oddly shaped it cannot be sent as normal first class or first class flat.

And the fuzzy chiton I had ordered about a week ago arrived dead - as soon as I dropped him in, the nassarius snails immediately appeared and he became a snack. The hawk wing conch arrived perfect and is flat-out awesome!

How long was your shipment en route Ben ... mine got to GA in 2 days but it came on hot days.

Box was fine. Basically a cube type box that arrived without any damage at al.

Post office nowadays however seems to be getting more and more unpredictable if I can use that word

Albert

jedimasterben
How long was your shipment en route Ben ... mine got to GA in 2 days but it came on hot days.

Box was fine. Basically a cube type box that arrived without any damage at al.

Post office nowadays however seems to be getting more and more unpredictable if I can use that word

Albert

I live an hour away from John, they were shipped UPS Ground and delivered the next morning. I wish I could have picked them all up, I'd love to shake this man's hand. :lol:

albertthiel
I live an hour away from John, they were shipped UPS Ground and delivered the next morning. I wish I could have picked them all up, I'd love to shake this man's hand. :lol:

Yes I guess a ride down would have eliminated the issue plus as you say you would have been able to meet this Super Customer Service Man

Stuart is a bit far from Alpharetta for me :)

Albert

jedimasterben
Yes I guess a ride down would have eliminated the issue plus as you say you would have been able to meet this Super Customer Service Man

Stuart is a bit far from Alpharetta for me :)

Albert

It's only an 8 hour drive, come on! ;)

And at least you don't have to pass through the part of I-75 in Tennessee that collapsed - that slowed us down by almost two hours on the trip back home!

albertthiel
It's only an 8 hour drive, come on! ;)

And at least you don't have to pass through the part of I-75 in Tennessee that collapsed - that slowed us down by almost two hours on the trip back home!

Wow .. guess bridges are not like what they used to be ... :-(

8 hours x 2 is a long trip Ben ... cheaper to pay shipping charges too ..

Rollermonkey
And the fuzzy chiton I had ordered about a week ago arrived dead - as soon as I dropped him in, the nassarius snails immediately appeared and he became a snack.

That's awful. Mine is a machine. The rock behind wherever it goes is spotless.

• 2 weeks later...
Rollermonkey

...and here is what SNAILS left behind of the chiton.

The hermits were in on the kill, but the snails did most of the eating.

P1000210.jpg

The limpets were righted repeatedly for over a week. Nothing seems to be eating them, though. 3 weeks later, this one is still intact but upside down. The current keeps moving them all over the place.

P1000204.jpg

Rollermonkey

It means that you agree with the previous post. In this case, I was agreeing with all of the accolades that John and his CUC packages receive.

johnmaloney

thanks guys!

rollermonkey send me an email and I will get the chiton refunded, sounds like he died and they cleaned him up. Limpets can be stubborn about latching down, that guy is still alive, you may want to place him an area that will not get current, then gently wedge something with a little weight onto his back, or hold him in place and tap him with moderate force a few times. When they feel threatened they latch, so stressing them out can help sometimes if it is in their best interest. Alternatively, you can place him in a ziploc bag with air and just enough water that all of the bag could be wet if it spread out. Place him on something you can put back in your tank, a shell maybe. Being out of the water will trigger the same reaction usually, it just takes a little longer.

• 3 weeks later...

A huge +1!

This is my 3rd or 4th order from John and once again I am very pleased. I ordered the quick crew for a 20 long for my 40b because I figured he still could not count :lol: I was right, tons of snails and it looks like they are all are alive and well! Even the 4 hermits (I didn't order any hermits) in with the large ceriths arrived fine.

Thanks again John! :happydance:

jedimasterben
Nice to have you again! I think I have to check that FL cerith tank for break ins. :)

In my last order that had some FL ceriths I had a couple of hermits, too. But they're mantis food now. :)

jedimasterben
Mantis shrimp. :mellow:

an itty bitty one. He's working on dwarf ceriths right now, but he has trouble even with them. He does carry them around over his head like a trophy a lot, though! :lol:

Man, if a mantis shrimp got loose in your tanks it would pretty much wreak havoc. :mellow:

Man, if a mantis shrimp got loose in your tanks it would pretty much wreak havoc. :mellow:

Please don't mention the competition in our sponsored forum.

:P

jedimasterben
is that the molly in your signature you were telling me about?

I don't remember telling you specifically about it, but yes, it is one of my mollies.

You should maybe sell them with your cleanup crews. Mollies are beasts like no other when it comes to hair algae :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived