Top Shelf Aquatics

DA's Photography Thread.

devilsadvocate

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the graffiti shots. I've always been a fan of legal graffiti as art. Check out instagrafite on Instagram if you have it. Great stuff.

devilsadvocate
I love the graffiti shots. I've always been a fan of legal graffiti as art. Check out instagrafite on Instagram if you have it. Great stuff.

thanks, these weren't legal hahah.

all these were taken with a cannon rebel t2i w/ a 55mm lens.

Pretty good stuff, a couple are under exposed or have a awkward composition, but over all they're pretty good. You are shooting in RAW correct?

devilsadvocate
Pretty good stuff, a couple are under exposed or have a awkward composition, but over all they're pretty good. You are shooting in RAW correct?

no im not, its jpeg. they arent edited at all. im still working on getting a copy of lightroom.

should i be shooting in RAW?

no im not, its jpeg. they arent edited at all. im still working on getting a copy of lightroom.

should i be shooting in RAW?

Yeah, shooting in JPEG with a DSLR is like getting a fancy sports car and only going 30 mph. Until you get LR, you can use Gimp with the UFRAW program to edit RAW files.

devilsadvocate
Yeah, shooting in JPEG with a DSLR is like getting a fancy sports car and only going 30 mph. Until you get LR, you can use Gimp with the UFRAW program to edit RAW files.

ok, thanks.

is that a setting in the camera or do i do that on computer?

devilsadvocate
On camera. Should be the first listing when you go to Menus.

thanks, ill go fix that.

devilsadvocate

i havent had the chance to purchase a membership on flickr yet, so photobucket will do for now i guess.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Here's some C&C for you.

IMG_0566.jpg

This type of shot rarely works well, just avoid them whenever possible. But what does it mean to you, what are you trying to tell us with it?

i havent had the chance to purchase a membership on flickr yet, so photobucket will do for now i guess.

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

So this is... a picture of someone else's drawings? Again, what is the point, other than maybe for a review on a graphic novel forum or something.

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Awkward lighting and subjects. I honestly can't figure out what you were trying to do with the first one.

The second one of the flowers could be pretty good if you did a 3+ exposer HDR so that the sky wasn't blown out. Or better yet take it from a better angle. ;)

Most of the other ones I'm liking though, especially the cigar in the persons mouth. That DOF is great.

devilsadvocate
So this is... a picture of someone else's drawings? Again, what is the point, other than maybe for a review on a graphic novel forum or something.

i liked the subject matter. wasnt so much about getting a nice picture.

i feel the same way about taking pictures of buildings and architecture.

Awkward lighting and subjects. I honestly can't figure out what you were trying to do with the first one.

im trying to get texture. i guess i failed? :lol:

The second one of the flowers could be pretty good if you did a 3+ exposer HDR so that the sky wasn't blown out. Or better yet take it from a better angle. ;)

Most of the other ones I'm liking though, especially the cigar in the persons mouth. That DOF is great.

that one was actually just completely random shot i took. i liked how the sky came out white.

thanks for the comments :happy:

devilsadvocate
You've got some really great exposures in that first set, really love this shot:

:)

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
devilsadvocate

i went to the zoo today. :happy:

7626789804_9372fe9f82.jpg

IMG_0909 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626791240_22161c38b5.jpg

IMG_0899 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626792888_de3aaee818.jpg

IMG_0895 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626794018_7e8ef0de10.jpg

IMG_0885 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626794828_0da716fb96.jpg

IMG_0881 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626795936_4d5a1a99c6.jpg

IMG_0856 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626796788_3e2797ffdd.jpg

IMG_0853 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626797480_756f904e61.jpg

IMG_0846 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

7626798590_21fef6aa69.jpg

IMG_0825 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

devilsadvocate
Looks like 5,6, and 8 are under-exposed.

6 is a little under-exposed, but i wasnt trying to light up the back wall of the water fall.

and the lighting sucked everywhere inside.

also, all the acrylic was dirty as hell, dirt, finger prints and water spots made is near impossible to get a clear shot. not to mention the huge crowds.

7627003930_deff41d4bc.jpg

IMG_0838 by Isaacson.chris, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
devilsadvocate

i just bought a 75-300mm lens. one of my friends let me barrow hers, i fell in love with it. hahaa.

Archived