Pod Your Reef

July 2012 Featured Reef - MedRed

Christopher Marks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Holy crap, that tank is awesome. Very much deserved totm,

That basslet is very pretty and the scape and coral placement are perfect.

wtg

+1

Thank you StevieT! You have you no idea how much your overflow improved my enjoyment of this tank. I'm extremely happy that I can keep the clean look!

seabeesreef
Thank you StevieT! You have you no idea how much your overflow improved my enjoyment of this tank. I'm extremely happy that I can keep the clean look!

MED,

Amazing tank. I wish I could get such vibrant colors. Quick question where did you get such colorful zoas/acans? Locally I never see anything even remotely similiar. Thanks in advance.

MED,

Amazing tank. I wish I could get such vibrant colors. Quick question where did you get such colorful zoas/acans? Locally I never see anything even remotely similiar. Thanks in advance.

Thank you! Vivid aquarium is my LFS and they tend to have good stuff. I also only buy corals that catch my eye. My acans colored up over time.

Funny.... i ran across this tank a few days ago and showed it to my brother. One of the few scapes for a cube that i think works. Im not a fan of cubes but that scape makes it. Awsome tank med.

Congratulations MEdRed! Amazing set-up, been lurking through your thread for quite a while now. This is a much deserved accolade!

Grats!

Thank you kindly ;-)

Funny.... i ran across this tank a few days ago and showed it to my brother. One of the few scapes for a cube that i think works. Im not a fan of cubes but that scape makes it. Awsome tank med.

Thank you so much. You have to learn to embrace the cubes!

Congratulations MEdRed! Amazing set-up, been lurking through your thread for quite a while now. This is a much deserved accolade!

Thank you reeferboo!

Spirofucci

Well finally!!! I guess size does mattter. :)

This is my favorite tank on here, still have it as my desk top.

Congrats!!!!

thirdchild

You have a beautiful tank! Shows off shapes, textures and alot of hot colors.

I read the writeup and you made a good point about coral fads. Comes down to what you (and your significant other) like to look at :)

That's seriously a stunning tank with unbelievable colours achieved! It shares many elements with the design of tank and aquascape that I'm hoping to achieve someday in a new tank. And I'd previously searched extensively for any examples of anyone doing column-like aquascapes such as that, which was a search met with little success. So it was quite a pleasant surprise to see you tank scaped in this way and better than I'd hope to accomplish!

Stunning beautiful tank! Congrats!

Thank you!

You have a beautiful tank! Shows off shapes, textures and alot of hot colors.

I read the writeup and you made a good point about coral fads. Comes down to what you (and your significant other) like to look at :)

Thanks thirdchild! I really just go for what looks nice. The problem being sometimes those things are expensive (candy basslets). Significant others definitely have influence on what goes in a tank... or if you can even have a tank in the first place lol.

Finally!!! Truely deserved,great tank of all time :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you!

That's seriously a stunning tank with unbelievable colours achieved! It shares many elements with the design of tank and aquascape that I'm hoping to achieve someday in a new tank. And I'd previously searched extensively for any examples of anyone doing column-like aquascapes such as that, which was a search met with little success. So it was quite a pleasant surprise to see you tank scaped in this way and better than I'd hope to accomplish!

Thanks Mxx. make sure to start a thread so we can see your new tank!

Congrats MedRed! Very well deserved for such a stunning tank

Thank you alto!

reeferbarra20

Med, your tank is simply amazing. I am having a 60 cube tank built and it'll be here soon. I plan on modeling my tank after yours , with my own twists of course! A true inspiration.

Archived