Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Your new competition

TeflonTomDosh

TeflonTomDosh
because they don't do the same thing.

Wow, you're a ####ing genius. Neither does that eggcrate crap (open on the sides, bottom) and the inTank baskets. Hence why his are more expensive. Cause they're actually built with some functionality and design behind them.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeflonTomDosh
whatever, this is why we do what we do and he does what he does.

Whatever my a$$, can I get my complimentary media/fuge baskets now? :flower:

Steve, I know you are just jealous that you didn't think about using those fancy white plastic zip ties to hold your baskets together. Come on, gluing your parts together...SOOOOOO over rated

Plus all the holes for flow and open sides. You're telling me I could have just went to home depot for my parts.... We don't even have a facebook page this guy is miles ahead

the same reason mac users will pay 1500 dollars for a laptop worth only 500 dollars.

####, find me another laptop with a retina display! Ha!

Whatever my a$, can I get my complimentary media/fuge baskets now? :flower:

zip tie version or electrical tape version? They do the same thing, one is $15 and the other $30. Don't be stupid make the right decision and grow some brains.

devilsadvocate
Cause they're actually built with some functionality and design behind them.

same argument mac users give. :lol:

tomorrow ill build a media rack that doesnt have holes on the side. in fact, ill build 2 of them.

TeflonTomDosh

tomorrow ill build a media rack that doesnt have holes on the side. in fact, ill build 2 of them.

Make sure you buy a biocube and do some research so they'll actually FIT and not just wobble around in there.

devilsadvocate
Make sure you buy a biocube and do some research so they'll actually FIT and not just wobble around in there.

thats what the internet is for.

Rollermonkey

I would buy one and cut the zip ties so I could use the pieces for small frag racks.

Oh, wait. No, I wouldn't. I'd just buy a sheet, cut my own pieces and have a bunch extra for cheaper.

TeflonTomDosh
I would buy one and cut the zip ties so I could use the pieces for small frag racks.

Oh, wait. No, I wouldn't. I'd just buy a sheet, cut my own pieces and have a bunch extra for cheaper.

I looked all over home depot yesterday for that ####. Couldn't find anywhere. The eggrate stuff that is.

I looked all over home depot yesterday for that ####. Couldn't find anywhere. The eggrate stuff that is.

It's in the lighting section.

TeflonTomDosh

Looked there too. All that had was the "chrome" style.

Looked there too. All that had was the "chrome" style.

Rollermonkey

Shoot, I just bought it online and I'll pick it up at the service counter in the morning. I let them find the stuff I'm looking for and it doesn't cost a penny extra.

I guess I'm lazy, but it keeps me from buying tools and stuff on impulse.

#firstworldproblems

if you're stupid enough to buy an AIO, at least have the brains to know that a 15$ media rack will do the same exact thing as a 45$ media rack.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that both attempt to ultimately accomplish a similar goal. You'd have to be a dumb, ignorant, know-it-all tween who's parents are still paying their way through life to fail to understand that you get what you pay for. Pay $15 for a piece of #### egg crate rack which will likely fall apart in a matter of weeks or pay $45 for something that will last years, not to mention, still be resale-able if one decided to upgrade their tank.

You can pop off whatever little know-it-all comments you want, but at the end of the day, Steve's sales speak for them self. Steve wipes his ass w/ what that guy makes in a week selling those crap racks.

the same reason mac users will pay 1500 dollars for a laptop worth only 500 dollars.

Ignorant tween. Enough said.

because they don't do the same thing.

Actually they do ultimately do the same thing, which is circulate water. Is it safe to say the extra cost of the ecotech powerheads is due to the additional features? Yes. Well guess what? Steve's media baskets are made of acrylic (not fragile egg crate), they are laser cut (not cut with a pair of pliers), the pieces are bonded together (not held together with twist ties), and the flow pattern is designed to insure maximum filtration. Those are all features that improve the performance and thus justify an increased cost.

So by your demonstrated logic, you are a dumb ass for buying ecotech powerheads, because ultimately they'll do the exact same thing as a $20 maxi-jet powerhead.

What will that prove? :huh:

"Hey I know...I'll build a crappy $15 media rack with no holes on the sides. That'll show him!"

Obviously you're just being a typical tween trollfag though and have no intention of actually attempting to build anything.

Oh and I typed all this on my Apple Macbook. Suck it :lol:

Pro?

Nope...I'm still rolling on my macbook core 2 duo that I bought in 2006.

I can't believe it's held up this long.

Wish I could have got the same life-span out of the $500 and $1700 pc laptops that only lasted a year each before I switched to Apple.

TeflonTomDosh
Nope...I'm still rolling on my macbook core 2 duo that I bought in 2006.

I can't believe it's held up this long.

Wish I could have got the same life-span out of the $500 and $1700 pc laptops that only lasted a year each before I switched to Apple.

I hear ya. Anyone who talks bad about an Apple, has never had one. My first was a iMac g4 (the one that was on the cover of time magazine). got it in 02 and kept it until like 07. when it finally went bad, it was my fault it did, cause I downloaded a program for a newer version of the OS. Bought my first Pro in 2010 and will be getting another soon. 2 years later, I can still get about 800 bucks for a computer I paid 1100 for. But they're only worth 500.

DemiseAngel
I hear ya. Anyone who talks bad about an Apple, has never had one. My first was a iMac g4 (the one that was on the cover of time magazine). got it in 02 and kept it until like 07. when it finally went bad, it was my fault it did, cause I downloaded a program for a newer version of the OS. Bought my first Pro in 2010 and will be getting another soon. 2 years later, I can still get about 800 bucks for a computer I paid 1100 for. But they're only worth 500.

I had an apple and went over to Alienware. Worlds apart in purpose. But the Alienware community is much more knowledgeable and capable in the world of computers. From modified BIOS to heatsinking my new 680GTX. The point is "whoever talks about apply has never owned one" needs to reconsider what they use their computer for. I rather run my new Ivy Bridge and upgrade along the way with the excellent community for both gaming and photography. Simply put, apple is a simple and easy interface. Not all of use want that. From a hardware standpoint apple is about 3 generations behind.

I'll probably replace mine before two long

This thing is over 6 years old and Best Buy will still give me like $300 for it on their trade-in program towards the purchase of a new mac.

Try selling a 6 year old pc laptop. You'll be lucky to get $50 for it even if you paid $2000 originally :lol:

I had an apple and went over to Alienware. Worlds apart in purpose. But the Alienware community is much more knowledgeable and capable in the world of computers. From modified BIOS to heatsinking my new 680GTX. The point is "whoever talks about apply has never owned one" needs to reconsider what they use their computer for. I rather run my new Ivy Bridge and upgrade along the way with the excellent community for both gaming and photography. Simply put, apple is a simple and easy interface. Not all of use want that. From a hardware standpoint apple is about 3 generations behind.

Really? Have you seen their new screen on the 15 inch? Did they not implement thunderbolt first? Did they not get rid of the floppy drive first? How about the recent optical drive exclusion? The future is pointing towards touch gestures due to the ubiquitous nature of smart phones (which the iPhone started). What about the fact that they're moving towards ssd's only? Please don't make ridiculous comments saying apple is 3 years behind because you can't play computer games on it. The processor is only as good as its software.

Archived