ReefCleaners.org

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

I went to Boston to speak this week and I think my fish like the Supermodel who watches my tank better than they like me.

My arrow crab will shed tonight but I am worried for him because the larger bristle worms have been licking their chops waiting for this.

Everything else is doing great, even the Bangai cardinal who is near the end of his lifespan. He still eats but not like he used to. That is the first sigh of dying of old age. I am not sure what I will replace that pair with but I definitely want a pair of something that will spawn.

I am sure you gave a great talk

Good thinking on replacing the Banggais

Hope your arrow crab will be ok

AT

I doubt they would spawn and they are to common a fish. I need something weird that you don't see to often.

Oh I am sure they would spawn for you as most will. I have had 3 pairs over the years and I know they have built nests deep within the reefscape and I am 99% certain they all spawned for me as they are an easy fish to spawn. I do agree they are common and inexpensive so perhaps a pair of exotic rare dwarf angels but they would come at a cost. Maybe you have a few ideas yourself.

20160604_200401_zpszq16a7wg.jpg

• Like 1

What about Blackcap basslets or Swissguard basslets? The problem with Multibar angels is their country of origin and dodgy collection methods. Bali and The Philippines are cleaning up their acts, but old habits die hard. I'd LOVE to get hold of a pair of Resplendent angels.

• Like 2

I almost got a pinecone fish once but it was too large and they wanted $125.00 for it. If I see a smaller one, I may get it, but I really want a pair of something

Wow $ 125 ... That was a real good price

AT

I almost got a pinecone fish once but it was too large and they wanted $125.00 for it. If I see a smaller one, I may get it, but I really want a pair of something

Wow $ 125 ... That was a real good price

AT

That's an absolutely outrageous price, they should be in the $80 range tops. They're seasonal, but they shouldn't fetch more than that.

• Like 1

That's an absolutely outrageous price, they should be in the $80 range tops. They're seasonal, but they shouldn't fetch more than that.

Check LiveAquaria. They have one for sale at $ 699.99

AT

• Like 1

Check LiveAquaria. They have one for sale at $ 699.99

AT

I have a guy in SE Queensland that can ship them by the box Albert. I wanna know who soaked LA for that specimen, because that's highway robbery! The ones in the south are a lot more yellow. They are on several lists during the winter. A cool set up for those guys would be a large drop off tank so they can get out of the light.

• Like 1

I have a guy in SE Queensland that can ship them by the box Albert. I wanna know who soaked LA for that specimen, because that's highway robbery! The ones in the south are a lot more yellow. They are on several lists during the winter. A cool set up for those guys would be a large drop off tank so they can get out of the light.

I kind of thought that was very exp too

AT

This mushroom has been in my tank for years. I don't even remember how many years because it grew from another mushroom which grew from another one.
Yesterday I noticed it had all but disappeared for no apparent cause. One minute it is there, the next it is gone. There is still a little piece of it left but a tiny one. This mushroom would expand during the day to about 8 or 9" across and at night shrink a little.
Now it is almost gone but everything else is fine.
This is one of the things I find so fascinating in this hobby. How life can just appear and disappear after many years for no known reason. I am sure the mushroom knows, but I certainly don't.
Now I am not going to test the parameters, change the water or offer up tea leaves to the moon. It is what it is and sometimes creatures die. I am not sure if this one died or moved to the back of the tank because the parts that are left look perfectly healthy. This also gives me an excuse to put something else in that place where this guy was.
Very cool.
(PS. I just looked at my tank which is now just lit with a small red light and my mandarins are spawning again. I love this stuff)

IMG_11261_zpsvpk2v46p.jpg

• Like 2

Pfft! No wonder it never worked for you, fool. The moon wants cannabis leaves, not tea leaves..... give the moon a little "northern lights" next time and see what happens.

• Like 1

Pfft! No wonder it never worked for you, fool. The moon wants cannabis leaves, not tea leaves..... give the moon a little "northern lights" next time and see what happens.

???

This mushroom has been in my tank for years. I don't even remember how many years because it grew from another mushroom which grew from another one.

Yesterday I noticed it had all but disappeared for no apparent cause. One minute it is there, the next it is gone. There is still a little piece of it left but a tiny one. This mushroom would expand during the day to about 8 or 9" across and at night shrink a little.

Now it is almost gone but everything else is fine.

This is one of the things I find so fascinating in this hobby. How life can just appear and disappear after many years for no known reason. I am sure the mushroom knows, but I certainly don't.

Now I am not going to test the parameters, change the water or offer up tea leaves to the moon. It is what it is and sometimes creatures die. I am not sure if this one died or moved to the back of the tank because the parts that are left look perfectly healthy. This also gives me an excuse to put something else in that place where this guy was.

Very cool.

(PS. I just looked at my tank which is now just lit with a small red light and my mandarins are spawning again. I love this stuff)

IMG_11261_zpsvpk2v46p.jpg

Maybe it is playing Hide and Seek. .. and will turn up again or maybe what you see is a Baby

AT