Cultivated Reef

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

albertthiel

Still a bit to do and I am waiting for the Jebao 2000 pump for my ATS which is currently fed off my return pump. Also tidying up of equipment and wiring. I also need to fine tune a few things like my skimmer.

BTW the divider on the far right of the tank is to get my clowns associated with my nems as they have spent a lot of time on my Duncans preferring them to my nems in my old tank.

Yes it never seems to end right. Always something to do ?

• Like 1

Yes it never seems to end right. Always something to do

I will leave them in there for a few more days, hopefully, their incarceration will make them forget the Duncans and they will stay with the bubble tip nems when I remove the egg crate. .

• Like 1
albertthiel

I will leave them in there for a few more days, hopefully, their incarceration will make them forget the Duncans and they will stay with the bubble tip nems when I remove the egg crate. .

Hopefully so Les

Albert

• Like 1

I went to vote today in the New York primaries and when I went to the normal polling place, it was closed. So I called my town to ask where the voting place was. A woman got on the phone who barely spoke English and told me she didn't know where I should vote. This was the number you call for town information. So I went to my Village office and they said you vote right here. I said, How am I supposed to know that? She said, there is a sign on the pole out by the street. I went and looked. 100 yards away on a light pole there was this 8"X8" paper sign that said "No Parking, Polling place".

I think that's cruel. :huh:

• Like 2
albertthiel

I went to vote today in the New York primaries and when I went to the normal polling place, it was closed. So I called my town to ask where the voting place was. A woman got on the phone who barely spoke English and told me she didn't know where I should vote. This was the number you call for town information. So I went to my Village office and they said you vote right here. I said, How am I supposed to know that? She said, there is a sign on the pole out by the street. I went and looked. 100 yards away on a light pole there was this 8"X8" paper sign that said "No Parking, Polling place".

I think that's cruel. :huh:

Don't be surprised Paul here in Alpharetta some polling places were closed and those who normally have to go to those (like my wife) were never advised of the change of venue

Since she went late in the day, and by the time she found out where she actually had to go, it was too late to vote

I guess it happens in many places and it is an absolute shame that those in charge cannot make sure that those who are allowed to vote can actually do so ...

Oh well . ...

Albert

albertthiel

It is a shame. Not that the vote here in New York matters anyway. :unsure:

True but we all know who will win though ..............

Albert

SUCESS! Seems I may have finally got my clowns to leave my Duncans corals and take up residence in my RBTA. Let's hope they stay there but after partitioning them off with the nem for 7 days I think we have cracked it.

20160421_203147_zpsk1wwz1yc.jpg

• Like 2
albertthiel

A pic of the tank just taken, I think I can class this as a labour of love lol. The tank does not look so blue however,

20160421_214718_zpsvgjepfrd.jpg

All I can say is wow

Albert

• Like 1

When I think about it the tank above has been around 35 years in the making. I have had 11 previous tanks which I have sold on sometimes for a profit rarely at a loss. I have sold frags, swapped equipment, bartered and bought most of my equipment secondhand. I have done quite a bit of DIY inc my ATS light brackets, Siporax basket and redesign of the sump.I have done lots of jobs for people all to fund this tank. I have put 35 years experience into it as well as the money I have spent. However, I could never have afforded it if I had to buy it all new and from the money I have from my pensions. Where there is a will there is a way and I like to think it shows what can be done if you put your mind, will and effort into it.

• Like 1
albertthiel

When I think about it the tank above has been around 35 years in the making. I have had 11 previous tanks which I have sold on sometimes for a profit rarely at a loss. I have sold frags, swapped equipment, bartered and bought most of my equipment secondhand. I have done quite a bit of DIY inc my ATS light brackets, Siporax basket and redesign of the sump.I have done lots of jobs for people all to fund this tank. I have put 35 years experience into it as well as the money I have spent. However, I could never have afforded it if I had to buy it all new and from the money I have from my pensions. Where there is a will there is a way and I like to think it shows what can be done if you put your mind, will and effort into it.

Yes indeed Les that is how it works ....

Lots of dedication and lots of careful planning and buying

Congratulations on a beautiful tank

Albert

• Like 1

Yes indeed Les that is how it works ....

Lots of dedication and lots of careful planning and buying

Congratulations on a beautiful tank

Albert

Thanks Albert I appreciate it my friend.

• Like 1

Very very nice Les

Albert

Thanks Albert, next job is hook up my calc reactor but I can't do that as I am waiting my new smaller ATU top up reservoir to give me space in the cabinet to house my CO cylinder.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Thanks Albert, next job is hook up my calc reactor but I can't do that as I am waiting my new smaller ATU top up reservoir to give me space in the cabinet to house my CO cylinder.

Looks like you are just about done !!

Albert

• Like 1
AdriftQuasar

Got bit by the ATS bug hard today. I had been considering reintroducing some chaeto or something into my AC70 that's been rocking an inTank media basket for years. Been running polyfil for filter floss as well as carbon and GFO. I know just in a powerfilter the medias aren't being used as effectively as they could be.

Anyone, after some reading today, I cobbled together what I could:

QRD3RCO.jpg

It's approximately 4 inches square and is secured to a 4" airstone. Have it just sitting in the uppermost portion of the mediabasket I traditionally have grown macro algae in. I have a clamp light with a CFL bulb set up to shine through the side of the AC70. Am I wasting my time here? There are certainly some bubbles making their way into the tank, but most stick near the surface and rise out. Should I be at all concerned?

I'm really interested in this method and want to give it a shot. I figure if nothing else I can give it a week and see how it goes.

• Like 1

PHEW!

Think I have all but finished my sump (better not say completely finished) and adjoining cupboard. The cupboard houses all my electrics calcium reactor CO2 bottle, controllers. and ATU reservoir.

20160429_160738_zpshgp5s98p.jpg

20160429_162932_zpsyoarcyu3.jpg

• Like 1