Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

Hope to see it at MACNA Albert. Are you going to be there this year?

Unfortunately not Reefwiser. I would love to go but no sponsor ... and I cannot justify the expense to myself for covering all the costs myself. Right now it is a matter of economics !

Would love to go though

Albert

Walmart

The sponsor for the show is actually Seascapestudio out of St Louis Reefwiser

Not sure where Walmart comes into the picture other than that the owner of the Nature's Talk show is a Manager at Walmart

Albert

oh dear.

I worked for the UK Walmart subsidiary ASDA. I wouldn't want them to sponsor the devil.

:)

Albert

They may well do but as for their ethics.....

Not sponsors of the Nano Reef Hour ... (see my other post)

Albert

Unfortunately no sponsor at this time

Albert

• Like 1

ASDA here (read Walmart) try to brainwash their staff into believing they are a good employer but fail miserably. Each year they do something they call a "Colleague survey" (note they don't call employees (read slaves) staff. Each year they try to slant the survey to show themselves in a better light and each year they still fail. We have in the UK an hourly rate something called the "living wage" ASDA pay much less than it per hour. ASDA even made staff (I won't use their term) sign a document saying they must not speak about ASDA in detrimental terms on the net. There is something else we have in the UK which good employers can sign up to called "investors in people" Needless to say ASDA/Walmart do not have it and would be severely embarrassed if they even tried to apply fo it. I retired my PT job with them a month ago so I can freely say the above however if I was still an employee I would probably be sacked for telling the truth. Welcome to the world of ASDA/Walmart your caring employer lol where they ta;lk the talk but fail to walk the walk.

Sorry for going off topic Albert I apologise my friend. .

• Like 1

ASDA here (read Walmart) try to brainwash their staff into believing they are a good employer but fail miserably. Each year they do something they call a "Colleague survey" (note they don't call employees (read slaves) staff. Each year they try to slant the survey to show themselves in a better light and each year they still fail. We have in the UK an hourly rate something called the "living wage" ASDA pay much less than it per hour. ASDA even made staff (I won't use their term) sign a document saying they must not speak about ASDA in detrimental terms on the net. There is something else we have in the UK which good employers can sign up to called "investors in people" Needless to say ASDA/Walmart do not have it and would be severely embarrassed if they even tried to apply fo it. I retired my PT job with them a month ago so I can freely say the above however if I was still an employee I would probably be sacked for telling the truth. Welcome to the world of ASDA/Walmart your caring employer lol where they ta;lk the talk but fail to walk the walk.

Sorry for going off topic Albert I apologise my friend. .

Pretty much often the same stories here Les

Albert

• Like 1

Not your average Damsel. I have 6 of these lovelies that bother no other fish in my tank. They chase one another. but they never come to blows. I bought them around 1" long 2 months ago and have grown to around 1,1/2" plus now. We call them Star Damsels here the latin name being Pomacentrus Alleni

Pomacentrus20alleni20IMAC20QM201_zpsgkji

• Like 1

Those are beautiful!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+28+120&pcatid=120

Seems the common name is Neon Damsel. I wonder if the behavior you see is consistent in the species, or just in your particular environment.

And am I the only one who thinks Damsels and Chromis would be cichlids if they were fresh water? ;)

We in the UK know the neon Damsel as a totally different fish and a real nasty growing quite large, I wouldn't keep one.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=neon+damsel&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=599&tbm=isch&imgil=9Tp5hFliJ3DzrM%253A%253BmVnbWmux6h_CrM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.advancedaquarist.com%25252F2011%25252F5%25252Ffish&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9Tp5hFliJ3DzrM%253A%252CmVnbWmux6h_CrM%252C_&dpr=1&usg=__v3oagCwWKw3sRG1xizf-St_QD7U%3D&ved=0CDUQyjdqFQoTCPmnjo-428cCFUKn2wod538AFw&ei=4YnoVbmzGMLO7gbn_4G4AQ#imgrc=9Tp5hFliJ3DzrM%3A&usg=__v3oagCwWKw3sRG1xizf-St_QD7U%3D

• Like 2

Albert, had to show you this. Had a small Green Chromis in my new tank, first fish after the cycle. Bought a 100+ polyp colony of large green palys with a STRONG feeding response, and this is what happened...

65DC8B73-7C48-40C1-A294-C130321497FB.jpg

I know this is hard to see, one of the larger heads ATE the Chromis. And I mean ate it...gone in the morning and the head is gigantic and happy. It appears to have ingested the entire fish.

• Like 2

Not your average Damsel. I have 6 of these lovelies that bother no other fish in my tank. They chase one another. but they never come to blows. I bought them around 1" long 2 months ago and have grown to around 1,1/2" plus now. We call them Star Damsels here the latin name being Pomacentrus Alleni

Pomacentrus20alleni20IMAC20QM201_zpsgkji

Yes indeed

Albert

Albert, had to show you this. Had a small Green Chromis in my new tank, first fish after the cycle. Bought a 100+ polyp colony of large green palys with a STRONG feeding response, and this is what happened...

65DC8B73-7C48-40C1-A294-C130321497FB.jpg

I know this is hard to see, one of the larger heads ATE the Chromis. And I mean ate it...gone in the morning and the head is gigantic and happy. It appears to have ingested the entire fish.

That is not cool at all but it does happen at times ... sorry to read it and see it

Albert