Cultivated Reef

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

I have been collecting pipefish in New York all my life but these seem different. A friend of mine collected these on the south shore of Long Island and he kept them in a bucket for over a month. He gave them to me because my tank is set up for pipefish already and he didn't think they would make it in his tank with his powerheads. I have them in a small tank just to see how they eat and they are sucking down new born brine shrimp as fast as I can hatch them. After they fatten up a little on shrimp, I will put them in my reef. Probably in a day or two. The ones I collect look different and I never had luck with them so I hope these four make it.

2014-10-28105449_zps21cfa8da.jpg

2014-10-28104705_zps4b9bef49.jpg

• Like 1

Great that their is someone in the US selling these. I wish him well.Will purchase one from his soon. :)

Indeed, it is about time I would say ... we have waited a LONG time for them to be available in the US and North America

Albert

Light at the end of the tunnel now then for the arrival of Oxydators in the US. Perhaps now they will get the recognition they deserve. I have been banging my head against a walk and been subjected to all the scepticism in that time. Only when I sent Albert his first Oxydator and he began writing about them here, in his journal and in his book have people slowly began to think there just might be something in them aftet all lol.

BTW I wote the above from a hospital bed but fingers crossed I could be out later depending on my x ray results abd the doc although even them I will need some treatment before I am allowed home.

• Like 1

I have been collecting pipefish in New York all my life but these seem different. A friend of mine collected these on the south shore of Long Island and he kept them in a bucket for over a month. He gave them to me because my tank is set up for pipefish already and he didn't think they would make it in his tank with his powerheads. I have them in a small tank just to see how they eat and they are sucking down new born brine shrimp as fast as I can hatch them. After they fatten up a little on shrimp, I will put them in my reef. Probably in a day or two. The ones I collect look different and I never had luck with them so I hope these four make it.

2014-10-28105449_zps21cfa8da.jpg

2014-10-28104705_zps4b9bef49.jpg

They look good Paul ...

Let us know how they are doing will you

Albert

Light at the end of the tunnel now then for the arrival of Oxydators in the US. Perhaps now they will get the recognition they deserve. I have been banging my head against a walk and been subjected to all the scepticism in that time. Only when I sent Albert his first Oxydator and he began writing about them here, in his journal and in his book have people slowly began to think there just might be something in them aftet all lol.

BTW I wote the above from a hospital bed but fingers crossed I could be out later depending on my x ray results abd the doc although even them I will need some treatment before I am allowed home.

Indeed Les ...... finally .... and that is good for everyone who has wanted to get one and did not want to order from overseas

See in the end writing about them and writing more and more work for the better

Albert

• Like 1

Well they say am goibg to be in hospital for a few days at least now. On an antibiotic drip at the mo. Off for a scan tomorrow already had xrays and something else you dont want to know about.

• Like 1

Well they say am goibg to be in hospital for a few days at least now. On an antibiotic drip at the mo. Off for a scan tomorrow already had xrays and something else you dont want to know about.

Sorry to read you had some kind of intervention Les and I hope you feel better very soon and that they are taking well care of you

Be well

Albert

• Like 1

Well on Thursday evening I had an emergency opperstion to have my appendix out. The surgeon tokd me on Friday they were very badly infected and that I am lucky. They had to abandon tge keyhole surgery they started and open me up. I was also told it was a very tricky op and I must have been in theater a lot longer than anticipated. The good news is all my drains and drips were remived yesterday and there is a possibility I maybe allowed home tomorrow we shall have to wait and see. I am still quite sore and on painkillers but on the mend.

• Like 2

Well on Thursday evening I had an emergency opperstion to have my appendix out. The surgeon tokd me on Friday they were very badly infected and that I am lucky. They had to abandon tge keyhole surgery they started and open me up. I was also told it was a very tricky op and I must have been in theater a lot longer than anticipated. The good news is all my drains and drips were remived yesterday and there is a possibility I maybe allowed home tomorrow we shall have to wait and see. I am still quite sore and on painkillers but on the mend.

Sorry to read what you had to go through Les ... I am sure that yes you are still in pain but fortunately they were able to mend things.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hopefully indeed you can go home tomorrow ....

Do keep up posted my friend

Albert

• Like 1

The good news is all my drains and drips were remived yesterday and there is a possibility I maybe allowed home tomorrow we shall have to wait and see. I am still quite sore and on painkillers but on the mend.

It is good that they drip acclimated you as that is the way to go and you won't have to go into quarantine. Painkillers are good and I hope they work for you. Get well soon. B)

• Like 2

Well 9 hours after being told I can go home I am still here. Why? Because they are waiting for my doc to sign my release papers (prescription etc) grrrrrr

• Like 1

Have some patience, they may want to check your gills

I visited my Mother N Law today in a nursing home and I have always noticed this tank there. It is about 300 gallons, has some koi that must be about 5lbs each, a huge alligator catfish about 14" long, giant dino's, African Cichlids all swimming around a plastic coral reef.

Koi_zps32123912.png

• Like 1

Well 9 hours after being told I can go home I am still here. Why? Because they are waiting for my doc to sign my release papers (prescription etc) grrrrrr

Yes that is about how it would happen here too Les, you get told one thing and then something else happens or should I say nothing happens especially not when you expected it and what you were told.

Hope they get you back home soonest ... I am sure you want to be back home and not in the Hospital ...

Be well

Albert

Am home now some 10hours after being told I could. All to get some dic to sign a piece of paper or two.

Yes unfortunately that is how it goes Les .... same here ...

Glad you are home and I am sure you are too. Be well ...

Albert

• Like 1

Am home now some 10hours after being told I could. All to get some dic to sign a piece of paper or two.

Hope you are feeling OK Les ...

Albert

• Like 1

Cheers guys. They tell me at least 6 weeks recuperation. My tum feels like It's done 10 rounds with mike tyson. I have 4 wounds in it from the operations 2 from the failed keyhole surgery 1 drain hole and the major op itself. Oh happy days.

• Like 1