ReefCleaners.org

Pinner's 40b

Pinner Reef

Had a couple of new additions I'm pretty stoked on.

First I got a free Jawbreaker... Don't worry it was glued to a bigger rock so the hermits won't try and take it's home. Yeah the pic is horrible

photobucket-13643-1383066004650_zpsd6c7f

Here is my lazy azz emerald scoping out the emerald mummy eye. Actually gonna pry the frag off the rock if anyone is interested in the dribble on the front side of the frag plug.

photobucket-46748-1383066006180_zps334c3

This is one of my favorite corals that I Coralsit. I'm gonna get a frag for the effort... It's a Pastel War and Peace Favia

photobucket-37970-1383066004811_zpscddda

Heres another pic of the lazy azz emerald (Not Pictured: Bubble algae)

photobucket-57845-1383066003974_zps1d963

My wrasse hates clean glass... alot

photobucket-6105-1383066005374_zps74c217

Finally, what I like to call the "Reactor Pool" shot

photobucket-57853-1383066007444_zpsf1e45

Thanks for the look!

mo

I like that!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Gena! We need to trade somtime!!!

I've actually been diversifying as of late because it's hard to find happy spots for the larger colonies... also I miss my zoa garden.

Loving the RFA. It's taking it's sweet time settling in tho. Stupid thing just wanders back and forth across the front of that same rock. :rolleyes:

Definitely :).

Hopefully soon it will decide to settle. Looks great right where it is now :).

How many fish do you have, I never see any? :)

I really like the scape, makes the 40 look so much bigger than it is.

Yellowtail blenny

Sixline Wrasse

That's all still?

Loving the contrast with the black sand...also I WANT that nem :o

Black sand is awesome! Everything looks so much cooler on it... cept the blenny who also mostly black.

NOs to the nem! Unless it sprouts babies magically.

mo I like that!

LOL which one?

How many fish do you have, I never see any? :)

I really like the scape, makes the 40 look so much bigger than it is.

That's all still?

Yeah still just the two lil fish. I was actually drooling over a Helfrichi at the LFS yesturday. I got worried he'd get his $85 butt kicked by the blenny/sixline duo because they've teamed up... Well, the blenny follows my sixline around the tank like a puppy.LOL

As such I'm worried whatever else I put in there is gonna have to be a bit of a ruffian in order to survive. I told the LFS to watch thier lists for Purple Pseudos. Can't really think of anything else I want, or can, put in there. Then again I never really put any effort into it. I'm the type who lets fish come to me on the winds of fate.

Ok minor update...

First off, newbs...

I acually busted up laughing when he called it a sponge bob favia which is wierd because I hardly ever care about designer names. He got really hostile for a min there until I pulled out my phone and showed him a real spongebob. Then he gave me a discount.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-26_18-33-00_748_zpsb1beswrd.jpg.html'>2014-01-26_18-33-00_748_zpsb1beswrd.jpg

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-26_18-31-26_367_zpslt1p5ve6.jpg.html'>2014-01-26_18-31-26_367_zpslt1p5ve6.jpg

He called these Lunar Eclipse zoas... Nope, just a cool orange

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-26_18-30-15_795_zpsqywvsyfn.jpg.html'>2014-01-26_18-30-15_795_zpsqywvsyfn.jpg

Cleaned out my stand!!! :happydance:

Before

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-27_16-35-49_441_zpsboighyqc.jpg.html'>2014-01-27_16-35-49_441_zpsboighyqc.jpg

After...Need to move my router

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-27_21-05-11_948_zpskfjunrfx.jpg.html'>2014-01-27_21-05-11_948_zpskfjunrfx.jpg

Last one is just a couple frags. Might wanna give the xmas one more week? The only reason I added this pic is because this the closest to the coral's actual color I've been able to get.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/g12052/media/40%20B/2014-01-29_16-59-42_890_zpsm4uc5ros.jpg.html'>2014-01-29_16-59-42_890_zpsm4uc5ros.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Have a Super weekend!

Haha! You people are awesome. Pretty sure that guy was new to the beat, which is fine, just didn't have to be a jerk about the situation.

Bah! This week just keeps spiraling out of my control.

Felt good to vent into the night.

Got2 were you refering to the emerald mummy? If so, I got ya covered come spring.

yeah that's it! I have only owned one chalice in my reefy career and cant remember the name of it :unsure: light blue with yellow eyes.

googled! Alien eye chalice. the sweepers on that thing were insane so I gave it away and the dude killed it in his tank <_<

Oh, hehe it's chill. Actually getting more vibrant colors now that it's settling in. There is a newer pic of it with the sixline in my 'was a rant' post.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving your black sand. It really highlights the corals and fish. Does it get clown around at all or is it fairly "heavy"?

Black sand is awesome! Well, it dosn't buffer the water quite as good as the crushed coral but with as often as I've been doing water changes I've never seen any ill effects. The sand has a pretty large ganule (Just smaller than crushed coral) and it's pretty dense so it dosn't blow around at all.

The other downside is that some granules are slightly magnetic due to volcanic processes. Again not a major issue; just have to be careful with your magfloat as it'll grab the sand. That said there are two parallel scratches top, front and center of my FTS that I (and now you) will never be able to unsee. These came from a tank sitter who didn't know any better.

Otherwise, you are correct, the colors pop stand out in more contrast.

Just stopped in to say hi! :flower:

Sup chica! I know I've neglected to harass your threads as of late and I apologize for that. I've been having waay to much the last couple weeks. Good snow, desert sunsets, good friends, no regrets... :happydance:

cept the Evanski incident :closedeyes:

And no sir, we're not done yet!

Thanks for stopping in tho!

What happened with E?

Oh, I tried to send him some favia and blastos RAOK style. Prob was he lives outside overnight range (despite only living like 7hrs away). I took a gamble with two day as it was during a 50deg heat wave annd they got lost for an additional two days. :angry:

Funny thing is the guy I called to try and track down the pkg was a reef keeper as well... He saw right through my excuse and refused to remburse me for the Calcium Carbonate Skeletal Structures. :rolleyes:

Anyway trading season is coming soon and Imma send replacements when things warm up. Nuthin like breaking a grown man's heart to put a dent in your good week tho. :o

• 3 weeks later...
Pinner Reef

:scarry: :scarry: :scarry:

fingerscrossed

2014-03-08_15-57-47_784_zpsod60bica.jpg

Really stoked on this guy. I've been watching him for a couple weeks at the LFS... hope he dosn't eat any coral.

First hour is pretty good he's only been worried about the other fish but I've seen him take a peck at pods here or there.

So far the only problem is my Blenny trying to get all dominate. I say trying because he swims up to the Flameback mouth open all menacing and the Flameback just turns sideways flashes a wall of color. The blenny stops dead short and stares all mouth agape.. I wish I could get a pic of it. Trying with video.

The sixline couldn't care less about the new comer but the Angel is a hair bigger than he is.

What happened with E?

Pinner lies!

I was in SLC a couple of weeks ago, having a beer in a local microbrewery. This guy (Pinner) was going on and on about how awesome his reef was, when clearly mine was better. I won't say punches were thrown, but we got into it and had to beat feet before the cops got there.

At the next watering hole, we decided we both had awesome reefs, bought each other a couple of drinks, and are now bestie BFFS.

PS Great new addition...so colorful!

Archived