Coral Vue Hydros

29gFOWLR&NC12REEF

Squared

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks!

somesump.jpg

So this is my new sump design, those are going to be holes with 2" bulkheads in them, and they are going to direct all the water coming out into a filtersock.

i have some concerns, though, like if it will be too noisy or if all the water can go through those two holes without overflowing. any thoughts? :huh:

congrats on the upgrade to Mr. Aqua 17.4 it's a fun little tank. Are you gonna drill it this time or you still gonna go with the PVC overflow?

i still you my overflow and it works wonders. Can't wait to see how it goes along.

thanks

im going to be building another PVC overflow, because the one i already made is glued the wrong way.

don't have the guts to drill this tank, but it's fine. I like the PVC overflow.

good i went back to my old PVC overflow. it is perfect now since i gave it a little tune up. got some new tubes and it siphon water like there's no tomorrow. haha..

What stand do you plan to use?

same stand, but it has a rim so im going to fill it up with plywood so the tank sits flush with the top of the stand.

i want to try to fit an ATO resovior in the stand, not sure if i will be able to do that in a smaller stand. and i don't want build one.

Probably going to go with a couple PAR38 bulbs, from LEDTRiC. But i can only afford 1 bulb right now, so i'll have to use T5s in the mean time.

Aquatstlye is also a possibility, but i don't want any of the drivers and wires showing.

I'll have to do more research and pricing on DIY LEDs, might decide to go that route instead.

i guess that could be an option. it looks really good over your tank. however, this is a budget reef...then again buying two PAR bulbs might cost about the same...HMMMMM

might get better spread with two par bulbs tho

i was just thinking about that actually...but i would probably have to with a tek light. i got a ton of growth and color from my T5s when i had all four. but i don't have to keep replacing LEDs...but i don't want a disco ball effect either. also don't really like shimmering...

so many decisions omgomgomg

id go with an ati t5 fixture if it were me.

i was about to write! i know i would if i did it again! haha i would like to control the T5 dimming for my pleasure.

you seen Rehype and MedRed tank and my tank also. we all went back to the oldschool fixture and truely it has prove that it is still the best light for the coral growth and colors.

i was just thinking about that actually...but i would probably have to with a tek light. i got a ton of growth and color from my T5s when i had all four. but i don't have to keep replacing LEDs...but i don't want a disco ball effect either. also don't really like shimmering...

so many decisions omgomgomg

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=304758

i was about to write! i know i would if i did it again! haha i would like to control the T5 dimming for my pleasure.

you seen Rehype and MedRed tank and my tank also. we all went back to the oldschool fixture and truely it has prove that it is still the best light for the coral growth and colors.

haha they are that good. :D

now im leaning toward t5s!

this was my tank with the aquaticlifes and ATI bulbs:

DSCN0787.JPG?gl=US

everything looked perfect! then i had a mini crash or something and lost like all my SPS and the frogspawn :tears:

An ATI fixture would look great, so sleek and shiny.

thanks for link!

I talked to my dad, he thinks the ATI is too expensive.

my dad is making me use the lighting already have, 30" T5s on a 24" tank. i guess it won't look too bad, i mean the bulbs are still 24" bulbs. also it will be hung. while im at it maybe i'll mod some fans into it, we'll see. he just doesn't want me to spend my money on something i already have, which i guess makes sense.

so that takes care of of the lighting issue

updated the first post with a shot of the tank the 30" fixutre, doesn't look too bad. anyway, im going to start playing with rocks, so what i come up with.

how long should i leek test for?

Archived