Top Shelf Aquatics

Plate Coral Lovin'

Psychosis

post-58834-1338348271_thumb.jpg here's my orange plate. So far i love this coral, i brought it back from half its skeleton showing. but of course for some reason it always ends up moving itself back under the bubble coral no matter what i do :/
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
post-58834-1338348271_thumb.jpg here's my orange plate. So far i love this coral, i brought it back from half its skeleton showing. but of course for some reason it always ends up moving itself back under the bubble coral no matter what i do :/

If Iiiiiiii don't get some shelllllterrr, yeah, I'm gonna fade awayyy.

basicfisherman

I was inspired today after finding this thread. I drove to the Twin Cities this afternoon and picked this beauty up. It does look little mad in this picture as I dipped it and it had only been in the tank for about an hour of so. Hope you enjoy.

post-26135-1338433474_thumb.jpg

basicfisherman

After I first dipped it and put it into my tank it's mouth opened up about half it's total diameter. I was a little worried about that but it is back to normal now. I decided I would play it safe this time because last time I bought corals from this place the chalice I got had flatworms.

buddythelion
Move over kids.

DSC_0082.jpg

I miss this guy.

Oh God... I love black and red color schemed corals. This has to be one of my favorite plates now.

I love this thread, it feels like coming home.

Very nice addition basic. The Orange plates seem to be where any one who gives a damn about plates start. I still love mine, probably one of the happiest critters in my tank. One of the cool things about plates is that they will all most never carry pests, so long as you check the bottom of the polyp.

Plates are quirky. I can'e believe yours hides under a Bubble HotPants. My pinwheel is on the move all most every day, but it all ways comes to rest hugging one of the others.

What happened to that plate Bongo!? It's the coolest thing (in my book) on the planet.

Sorry about the LT Jedi. Good luck with your next one though!

I like your plate Singlefin. He just gave it to you...? $20, right now. Srsly. :P

I've seen 2 plate corals in my lfs over the past 4 years. A gross brown one a while ago, and a yellow one now. They want $80 for the yellow, it's 3" across. Good deal?

buddythelion
I've seen 2 plate corals in my lfs over the past 4 years. A gross brown one a while ago, and a yellow one now. They want $80 for the yellow, it's 3" across. Good deal?

Post a pic. And I mean, if you spend $80 and you're happy, go for it!

Post a pic. And I mean, if you spend $80 and you're happy, go for it!

Nahh, I probably wont be in for another month or so. :(

I was wondering it I should save for it, in the off chance that the price will make people not buy it.

Bongo Shrimp
What happened to that plate Bongo!? It's the coolest thing (in my book) on the planet.

The hair algae took it along with many of my other corals last year when I had the outbreak. I tried so hard to save it. I did have it for a long time though.

:tears:

Bongo Shrimp
Oh God... I love black and red color schemed corals. This has to be one of my favorite plates now.

Trying to find a certain different pic I have cause it was all red before I got it from another local guy.

If you like black and red corals this is the king and one of my all time favorites. Just try not to freak out.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/SX...a44be9dbb57.jpg

And yes I can attest, it truly looks like that. Maybe less blue and more red though.

buddythelion
FapFap.png

I'm with the fapping. :lol: That's the most gorgeous plate ever.

Love the darth maul porites Bongo! I remember seeing them on your thread before.

Here's a actinic (only blue led) pic. Thought I'd share the crazy colors. Unfortunately the red base under the LEDs is washed out. The red is developing a little bit more everyday.

90b0f36b.jpg

Oooh, shiny.

I'll have to try that with my trio some time. They glow enough as is though, I'd blind myself.

See, now that's what I'm talking about! Nice collection man. When did that skeleton start popping of new plates? I've heard of plate factories, but I didn't think it was literally 20+ at a time.

On a side note, this particular piece is on my bucket list. I say bucket list because, if I bought it, the pretty half would kill me.

http://areefcreation.com/catalog/index.php...products_id=214

You are the cutest person on NR Psy. You must have Miss Pretty laughing all day. :wub:

Lol, but I'm ugly on the outside and the inside.

I do make her laugh alot though. I'm what the ladies like to call "Not my first choice." Wink wink.

Archived