Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

An addicted reefer chic's 40B w/ GHL Mitras & 2x30g display fuges

MeanGreenEyes

MeanGreenEyes

So sorry to hear about your loss, must be tough. :(

Always looking forward to what you are going to do with reefing........

Oh and don't forget pics of you with power tools!!!! :)

Thank you. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to get everything back to 100% soon. The yellow gorg is still doing amazing...the blueberry has been pissed off with my neglect and had some tissue recession...most likely due to the fact that I ran out of phyto but polyps have been extended non-stop since I put phyto back on the feeder w/ the pappone.

Idk...the new build is on hold for a while...we'll see. I don't have anyone to help out with the stand build and since I'll be doing it myself...well...I have a lot of planning to do when I'm up to it.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MeanGreenEyes

Sometimes diving into a project can take your mind off things........ :)

Hang in there.

Thanks...that's what I was thinking and why I was considering at least starting the stand.

Also, ordered a frag pack of the following from a local reefer and asked that they heal for a week or 2 before I pick them up...

Red table

Tyree rainbow stylo

Ora green stylo

Tubs purple tip stellatta

Apple sour birdnest

Jesus stag

Grape juice acro

Atl forest digi

Good for you on the new order. Can't wait to see them in your tank :)

If I can ever help just drop me a note.

I alwasy build my stand so the top is about 6" wider then the tank so I can put things there like fish food, cleaning equipment and beer. Also give you some more room underneath.

MeanGreenEyes

Good for you on the new order. Can't wait to see them in your tank :)

If I can ever help just drop me a note.

Oh man...I misbehaved VERY badly last night. Ran into a reefer buddy last night and we went over to my fav. local lfs. I ended up with 8 SPS frags they hand picked and an acan frag. o.O I also got 2 black clowns to host the nems in the macro tank and a baby firefish to replace the one that carpet surfed from my son's old tank last year. I really was not planning that, but d@mn they had some pieces that I just could not pass up.

Yeah, just a plain basic run of the mill firefish that he balled his little eyes out over. I let him chose which tank to put it in and he sat in front of the tanks last night for about 5 full minutes looking back and fourth between the tanks before he decided. "That one." While pointing at the 40. It may sound lame, but I love my kids with my whole being. His little face just lit up over this fish last night.

I alwasy build my stand so the top is about 6" wider then the tank so I can put things there like fish food, cleaning equipment and beer. Also give you some more room underneath.

That actually sounds like a great plan! I don't drink, but definitely would be great for food, cleaning, testing, etc. Also, just snagged an mp40 for only $250 for the new build. EFF YEAH.

Yep! If you have the room, make that stand bigger! The next one I make will be coverd with tile, or somethng nice to look at and easy to clean!

Congrats on the MP 40 and the fish and coralz! I'm considering a black colwn, never thought much of them but since I've been looking they are growing on me.

You are a good mommy!

• 1 month later...
MeanGreenEyes

Yep! If you have the room, make that stand bigger! The next one I make will be coverd with tile, or somethng nice to look at and easy to clean!

Congrats on the MP 40 and the fish and coralz! I'm considering a black colwn, never thought much of them but since I've been looking they are growing on me.

You are a good mommy!

Thanks Spiro! Just saw that you made TOTM...congrats...definitely well deserved!

Pic of my red planet that I purchased as a small frag in October under the Mitras (cell pics sorry!):

bbbfbb4a-7db7-40da-a018-25ebdc2a8d33_zps
IMAG1298_zps1659f5c4.jpg
MeanGreenEyes

Hey you, how are you doing?

Hey Kat! Have been feeling blah for a while and focused on my kids...just haven't felt social so I haven't been online. Didn't even feel like going to the swap...so I skipped it. My daughter...my princess...my pride and joy made Principal's Honor Roll today. About make some celebratory homemade philly cheesesteaks and chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing with the babies.

Tank related news... mag 12 rusted...chucked it and plumbed in an Eheim 1262 on Sunday as well as a full size mini-fridge with Venturi for a more efficient continuous feeder setup. Going to upgrade to GHL 4 pump dosers for dosing and the feeder one will be placed inside the fridge.

For some reason I've lost 3 1/2 maricultured acro's over the last month, but all other SPS is doing amazing. I just don't understand it. All params and temps have been stable. 15g weekly WC's. Asked for some advice on RC and received some ridiculous advice...smh. I'm giving up on any further maricultured acro purchases. I have maricultured milli's in several different colors all doing amazing with amazing PE. So p*ssed about it, especially since I can't pinpoint the cause.

How are you? And the tank? Gotta check your thread out, but I'm sure I'll be lost. lol

Spirofucci

Thanks Spiro! Just saw that you made TOTM...congrats...definitely well deserved!

Pic of my red planet that I purchased as a small frag in October under the Mitras (cell pics sorry!):

bbbfbb4a-7db7-40da-a018-25ebdc2a8d33_zps
IMAG1298_zps1659f5c4.jpg

Hey ya Meany!!! Good to see you back in action!!!

Congrats on your Princess!!!!

jedimasterben

LOL, you best start testing for silicate or else your tank will all DIEEEEEE. People are ridiculous.

How are you? And the tank? Gotta check your thread out, but I'm sure I'll be lost. lol

I'm doing alright, thanks for asking. Upgraded to T5's, and trying to see if I can retrofit some LEDs to make it a hybrid. Other than that corals are growing and I just did a fire sale. I didn't go to the swap either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived