ReefCleaners.org

The Enchanted Forest: My 10g Macro Tank

gena

Spirofucci

Happy belated Mom's Day to you!! Hope you had a good one.!!

That pink one needs to go in the main tank...purdy.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy late mothers day gena. I think you have convinced me into doing a macro/gorg/whatever else I can jam in there tank. This is such an awesome tank!

WANT!
Omg...drooling...I love the pink one!

I'm more than happy to share when it splits...if you guys are interested :happy:

Happy belated Mom's Day to you!! Hope you had a good one.!!

Thanks, Mark!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great weekend :)

It does belong in the other tank but I can't cuz it will eat my gobies!!!!!

Happy late mothers day gena. I think you have convinced me into doing a macro/gorg/whatever else I can jam in there tank. This is such an awesome tank!

Thanks, jg!!!!! You should definitely do one. This is my favorite tank I've set up, so far. It's a fun one :)

It would eat her green banded gobies! :eek:

I caught a cool picture just now. All 5 of my sexy shrimp were chilling together :happy:

shrimp-4.jpg

Too cute! I really like those little guys...or well, maybe girls since Brad calls them "the sluts" :lol:

MeanGreenEyes
I'm more than happy to share when it splits...if you guys are interested :happy:

Absolutely...just pm me when it's available and we'll work out $ and shipping... :)

Love this. I was completely uninterested in macros before taking a look at your frag tank and what it has now turned into. :bowdown:

cableguy69846

This is an awesome tank. Off the beaten path and well executed. Absolutely stunning.

P.S. Did I see a FW planted tank the background of a couple of pics? :P

Really cool pic of sexies -- is the nem a maxi? Not sure I have room in the tank for one of those, but such a cool looking creature!

Looks awesome Gena! I'm looking to get a maxi for my pico and then maybe I'll get some sexies for it! It's fish-free so I don't have to worry about it eating them! :)

Also, do you think a soap dish would keep my emeralds away from the macros? I'm thinking about putting one in my pico to keep the emeralds from devouring them if I can find one small enough!

I really like the light pink/green nem :) So delicate looking. Love the new stuff :D

Thanks! I do too :) I wish they would get big though!!!! They are staying pretty small. I guess it's taking them awhile to settle in. They aren't really moving so that's a good thing. I'd like them to stay where they are!

Absolutely...just pm me when it's available and we'll work out $ and shipping... :)

Will do!

Love this. I was completely uninterested in macros before taking a look at your frag tank and what it has now turned into. :bowdown:

Thanks! I'm glad I got you interested in them. I'm a plant person (you should see my backyard) so it just makes sense for me to have a planted saltwater aquarium.

This is an awesome tank. Off the beaten path and well executed. Absolutely stunning.

P.S. Did I see a FW planted tank the background of a couple of pics? :P

Thanks, cableguy!!!!! It is a FW planted to the left. Here are the two side-by-side:

plantedtanks.jpg

And just the FW planted (That's food floating at the top, just fed them):

plantedtanks2.jpg

Really cool pic of sexies -- is the nem a maxi? Not sure I have room in the tank for one of those, but such a cool looking creature!

Yep...it's a maxi. They get pretty big. I think you need to keep them fairly isolated from other corals, but maxis can touch other maxis. Just like mushrooms can touch each other.

Looks awesome Gena! I'm looking to get a maxi for my pico and then maybe I'll get some sexies for it! It's fish-free so I don't have to worry about it eating them! :)

Also, do you think a soap dish would keep my emeralds away from the macros? I'm thinking about putting one in my pico to keep the emeralds from devouring them if I can find one small enough!

As long as you're fish free in the pico, it will work out perfectly. Maxis and sexies go hand-in-hand! I also think a soap basket would keep your emeralds away...as long as they can't climb in by scaling some rock up to it. Keep some distance between the rock and basket.

Just gotta say that your sexy's are sexy!

:)

________

I got a couple of more macros in today. Fauchea, which is a neat deep red with blue. And, Red Bone which looks like a birdsnest coral when it gets big!!!!!!! Here are some new photos I took today too:

FTS 5-16-12

plantedtanks3.jpg

Left side:

plantedtanks6.jpg

Right side:

plantedtanks7.jpg

Dragon's Breath (really growing a lot):

plantedtanks8.jpg

Red Bone:

plantedtanks5.jpg

Fauchea:

plantedtanks4.jpg

That's all for today......

How did you get them to attach to the rock?

The red bone came attached to a tile, so putty and superglue. The seller recommended super glue for the fauchea too, so that's what I did. I added a little putty on that as well for extra sticking power :)

surgicalsense

Love it ... we still need to figure out what the red and green macro is. So the clippings from the red look like they are doing great just zip tied together like that? I was wondering how it was doing. Everything looks wonderful and happy.

I can't wait to have a macro forest too! It's so beautiful!

Thanks you! Is yours just going to be in the pico, or in the new 40B too? So far so good with my macros. I'm feeling pretty confident about maintaining this tank long-term.

Love it ... we still need to figure out what the red and green macro is. So the clippings from the red look like they are doing great just zip tied together like that? I was wondering how it was doing. Everything looks wonderful and happy.

I found the names, I think. The green is codium and the red is Wishbone which is a gracilaria sp.

Que bonita!

Gracias, mi amigo :happy:

The macro forest is just so stunning -- what great color!! Where are you ordering them from? Not sure I have room for much more, but wow, that red bone is sooooo cooooool.

Its all so colorful, Gena! I've never been that interested in macros, but I guess I didn't realize how many colors there are. I love the pink and green theme in your main tank, but the rainbow colors going on in here are just as gorgeous!

cableguy69846

Both tanks look awesome. I too, am also a planted tank nerd, and have a soft spot for mosses and tetras. :D

Are you planning any other fauna in the Macro tank?

I think I'm going to have macros in all tanks once they grow enough. I just have to figure out which tank will be the 'starter' tank for growing them out! :lol: I went looking for soap dishes tonight and only found white ones. I'll have to try somewhere else tomorrow for the clear ones. As an aside, stop by my 14G thread and see my new baby! :happy:

Archived