Innovative Marine Aquariums

Suggest 1 Last Fish For My 38G

Owl's_Head

38G Nuvo, about 31G of water total.

The main display part is 24 inches left to right, 14 inches front to back, and 19 inches high. I believe the display is holding about 25-26G

Right now I have

1 Starry Blenny

1 Fishers Angel

2 Black Clowns

I started the tank with a Mimic Saddleback Filefish, which I really wanted above all fish. But he passed away pretty quickly. He was super slow to eat, I basically had to drop mysis into it's mouth in order to get anything.

I'd like to maybe get another one of those, but now I'm afraid with the other fish he'll never get any food.

I'm not a huge fan of firefish, as my purple firefish from my 60G tank spends 98% of his life inside rocks.

Any suggestions? Everyone in my tank is pretty peaceful, so I'm not looking for a troublemaker.

2wlv5o4.jpg

No problems mixing blennies?

I kind of want a swimmer... The Starry is cool and all but he really just sits in the rocks most of the day.

The Angel is supposed to get like 2.5 inches max, and it's out and about with the clowns.

The problem obviously is the "swimmers" need space

They always do,.., Till they start playing the Who are you?., And Why are you IN MY HOUSE??? game.,., lol In my experience anyways..,

*Gobies are always nice

*Hawkfish would work

*Potters Angel, Flame Angel, or African Pygmy are all acceptable, just a little tricky

*School of chromis or cards is fine

*Fairy Wrasses, if u have the $ i would consider a Mystery Wrasse

If you would like some ideas feel free to check out my tank, 35 cube with like a 10g sump (similar size)

not trying to plug guys :P

GL :D

coachfraley

+1 on fairy wrasses, but you will need a top of some sort

also a big +1 on the fathead anthias, a little reclusive, but one of the prettiest of all marine fishes IMO.

*Gobies are always nice

*Hawkfish would work

*Potters Angel, Flame Angel, or African Pygmy are all acceptable, just a little tricky

*School of chromis or cards is fine

*Fairy Wrasses, if u have the $ i would consider a Mystery Wrasse

If you would like some ideas feel free to check out my tank, 35 cube with like a 10g sump (similar size)

not trying to plug guys :P

GL :D

I know Liveaquaria isn't the end all be all, but don't most sites list Mystery Wrasses and such as 50 Gallon mins?

I have a Mystery in my 60G tank.

Also, you think 3 chromis or cardinals would fit? Not too many fish?

That would be 7 total if I did a school of 3

+1 on fairy wrasses, but you will need a top of some sort

also a big +1 on the fathead anthias, a little reclusive, but one of the prettiest of all marine fishes IMO.

Again, most of the fairy wrasses I'm seeing say 75G-125G tanks minimum, unless I'm looking up the wrong fish.

I also have a top, a completely covered glass top. It came with the Nuvo, but I'm glad it did, as I've had multiple clowns jump out of my 60G tank.

coachfraley

I think it has been pretty well established on this forum that small wrasses like the flashers, lubbucks, mcCaskill, and other fairy wrasses can be kept successfully in tanks your size.

OK, I just go by what sites say when I'm not sure...

I've thought about the Six-Line, but I see a lot of threads about them being too aggressive.

Yellowfin Flasher Wrasse says 30G and peaceful.

Well I ended up with a Blue and Red Wrasse

So I guess I'm done with fish...

2 Black Clowns

1 Starry Blenny

1 Fishers Angel

1 Blue and Red Wrasse

I guess I could do a clown goby, which I looked at today, but they were literally the size of a fingernail. I didn't expect them to be so small

I feel like they'd be eaten as you drop them in, thinking they were mysis or something

cirrhilabrus_rubriventralis.jpg

Archived