Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mystery Frag., SPS

mohawk

I got this little guy as a mystery frag in an order from Vivid., Anyone know what it is? Ive looked all over and I cant find anything near to it.

This is what it looked like when I got it

2012-03-16194753.jpg

Ive moved it around., It seems to not be soo hot on my LEDs as its really colored up since moving it to a high flow, medium light area.,. But I cant see any kind of polyps on it., Has what almost look like little mouths like on Hydnophora., but no extension., Everything else in the tank is and has been happy.,

Since Ive moved it.,., Sorry, Cell phone takes better video of the tank then stills.,...

2012-04-05230419.jpg

I dont believe its a Hydnophora., As ive got Hydnophora Rigata and Hydnophora exesa., The only similarities to them are the little "mouths" (although I dont believe them to be mouths)., Completely different skeletal structures.,.

Thanks for the search.,

That skeleton looks similar although much deeper ridges then what Ive got., Also., Ive got zero polyps that I can see anyways., Although it appears to be happy., It definitely has gotten "fatter" since Ive had it., and has increased its color considerably., Its a deep nuclear green thats almost like a slime., I had to be careful when gluing it down as everywhere I touched it lost that slime coat and the color along with it but it all comes back in time.,.,., I just cant imagine it being happy enough to regain that kind of color but having no polyp extension.,. Although maybe it has and my eyes just cant see it,., I am in my 30's now., lol ., but no where near anything like the polyps in that picture.,., Ive had it in that spot for about a month now., its hard to see., but it almost appears to be encrusting on the rock on the back side. Interesting,. I couldnt even find anything on Vivids site where I bought the damn thing.,., lol

Thats a fair guess,., But it lacks that honeycomb like structure that the favites tend to have., Plus there are no isolated mouths., The green "skin"., tends to grow uniformly around the entire piece., not just in the valleys., Thanks for trying., ;) ., Ill see if I can maybe get a better picture once my white lights come on.

Archived