SaltCritters.com

Copepod Culture

Blennylover14

Blennylover14

Altoamprologus I read your post about copepod culturing and i gave it a try?

Will this work?

How will i know when i have a lot of copepods? Just look good????

I added phytoplankton and a few shells from my Display tank that i know has copepods in it.

Thanks for the advice!

post-72805-1334542779_thumb.jpg

Blennylover14
What species are you culturing?

Tigger pods hopefully

There should be an "Ask Alto" forum section. :lol:

It would be very successful.

Hahaha +1

altolamprologus
There should be an "Ask Alto" forum section. :lol:

It would be very successful.

There already is one. It's called my PM inbox :lol:

Tigger pods hopefully

Your setup is fine for them. I would just remove the shells. I have all my cultures completely bare and it really helps with keeping them clean. There isn't really an exact way to know when to harvest them, you just have to get a sense of what different densities of pods look like. Just make a mental note of how many pods there are when you first add the tigger pods and harvest them when there appears to be 5-10 times that amount. After you add the initial starter culture, the adults will lay their eggs around the same time and then start to die before the babies are big enough to see. This causes the culture to appear to have crashed, but then a couple weeks later the pod population will explode and you should get a pretty good density quickly. Then you should do your first harvest.

Jacob042426
There already is one. It's called my PM inbox :lol:

but not everybody can see that! C.M. needs to make a special forum so people can ask you questions and have everyone learn from your answers. :)

Edit: sorry for hijacking this thread blennylover! I'll delete my posts!

Archived