3 replies to this topic

redhawk45

redhawk45

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Canton, Ohio

I know how difficult it is for zoas to be IDed, especially when it's us who photographs them improperly. But, I bought this zoa last year, was waiting for some coloration to happen, and here it's stayed this color...not like what was sold to be as. A zoa is a zoa, but would love to know what kind it is. I bought it from Pacific East.

First photo is with the regular lights on it...the other I added flash (which showed a bit more color). Sorry for the poor photos. For the record, I won't say what names I have over here...for I don't know which it could be anyway...lol. I saved three photos of zoas, only one zoa survived (my fault in lapse of water changing).

Anyway, lemme know your thoughts.

Attached Thumbnails

• zoa1.JPG
  • zoa2.JPG

"Life's like a box of live rocks...you never know what critters you're gonna get!"

Try turning up the saturation on your tank.

Redhawk45's 12g Nano Cube DX

solefald

solefald

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Joined 16 Jan 2012
  • San Diego, CA
cant see all that well on the picture.... maybe orange bambams or orange dreams, but i am probably mistaking

Lawnman

Lawnman

Coral Hoarder

• Members
  • 19,501 posts
  • Joined 27 May 2009
  • 39* 46' 5" N / 86* 9' 29" W
Looks like a teal colored star on the face. No crazy name that I know of.

sand is a litter pan <_<

redhawk45

redhawk45

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • Joined 09 Feb 2010
  • Canton, Ohio
Ok ok...it may help you guys anyway with the few names I have. I have Green Eye Zoas, Periwinkle Zoas and Pluto Zoas...none looks like this. Well, the green eye zoas kinda...but there's no green eye at all. I don't think a zoanthid can literally change color from shipping to getting in my tank. These zoas been this color since I got them.

Here's a few photos that was given to me, all in order as what I wrote above.

Attached Thumbnails

• Green_Eye_Zoa.jpg
  • Periwinkle_Zoa.jpg
  • Pluto_Polyps_Zoa.jpg

"Life's like a box of live rocks...you never know what critters you're gonna get!"

Try turning up the saturation on your tank.

Redhawk45's 12g Nano Cube DX