Innovative Marine Aquariums

Soldering 3ups

ltlevil1

Right now I'm going to just run my 4 3ups off a single ELN-30-48D. As far as series goes if I solder positive wire to R+ (I'll use the letters on the star for reference) then bridge solder R- to B+ bridge solder B- to G+ then run my next wire from G- to the next 3up R+ and go through the process again (4 total 3ups) am i on the right path. I have the dimmer stuff and know to set the pots all that is fine. Right now I need light the easiest/quickest way. Later if decide I'll seperate the whites from blues. Running in series and all is fine, just for some damn reason the circuit in my brain will not let the current pass through to "emit the diode". Basically if you a have single line drawing showing all 3 leds on a single star running off a single driver and would share I would greatly appreciate it. Please don't think I'm a complete idiot, I am just unsure about more than one chip on a star. Feels like I should be soldering jumper wires to keep things in series but I guess the solder pads take care of that? Thanks and one day I will return the favor.

ltlevil

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Right now I'm going to just run my 4 3ups off a single ELN-30-48D. As far as series goes if I solder positive wire to R+ (I'll use the letters on the star for reference) then bridge solder R- to B+ bridge solder B- to G+ then run my next wire from G- to the next 3up R+ and go through the process again (4 total 3ups) am i on the right path. I have the dimmer stuff and know to set the pots all that is fine. Right now I need light the easiest/quickest way. Later if decide I'll seperate the whites from blues. Running in series and all is fine, just for some damn reason the circuit in my brain will not let the current pass through to "emit the diode". Basically if you a have single line drawing showing all 3 leds on a single star running off a single driver and would share I would greatly appreciate it. Please don't think I'm a complete idiot, I am just unsure about more than one chip on a star. Feels like I should be soldering jumper wires to keep things in series but I guess the solder pads take care of that? Thanks and one day I will return the favor.

ltlevil

I believe you are talking about: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/cree-xt-e-royal...ral-white-3-up/

Take a peek at the 8th picture. Its wire in series as one LED. The 7th is if you want to wire the LEDs separately.

I believe you are talking about: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/cree-xt-e-royal...ral-white-3-up/

Take a peek at the 8th picture. Its wire in series as one LED. The 7th is if you want to wire the LEDs separately.

Exactly what I was looking for, bad thing is I knew that was the right way. Damn I hate when I overthink something like that. I also never noticed the annotations on the pics you linked me to. Sometimes it's better to step back take a breath and say ok, that's your happy azz now. Thanks again Milad, hopefully pics coming Sunday, already working a shutdown tomorrow and at least some work Saturday and since we all know it's BS without pics...I gotta get the pics...

ltlevil

Archived