ReefCleaners.org

Is it safe to add Reef bones to my Aqaurium

tysfoot

Hi,

I have a 23l Fluval Edge converted to marine which has been set up fully for about 3 months now

I went to my local fish shop today and they had some really good looking reef bones (about 1 kilo) which would look great in my edge and the guy said to wash it and dry it a couple of times then it will be safe to put in my tank after about 2-3 days

I have about 2 kilos of live rock but want to replace this rock with the reef bones

I was thinking of putting the reef bones in with my live rock then afetr a couple of weeks when they have matured to take my live rock out i didnt want,

Would this be the best way ?

Cheers

jedimasterben
What exactly are reef bones? Fossilized coral skeletons?

think its another way of saying rock lol

This, it's just dry rock.

jedimasterben
Not much help here again, i hate people answering a question with a question, if you dont know the answer dont answer it

"Reef bones" are just dry rock, I said in my previous post. That should answer your question as to whether or not it is safe to add to your tank.

Beware! Most coral skeletons for sale are bleached. Boil them thouroughly then let air dry for a few days then they are the same as dry rock.

Not much help here again, i hate people answering a question with a question, if you dont know the answer dont answer it

So just to be clear, besides coming off like a total douche after asking for help you'd rather have people try to answer your questions based on assumptions they've made about what it is that you're trying to describe rather then asking a couple questions to clear things up first?

So glad you've never walked into my shop and demanded any help...

So just to be clear, besides coming off like a total douche after asking for help you'd rather have people try to answer your questions based on assumptions they've made about what it is that you're trying to describe rather then asking a couple questions to clear things up first?

So glad you've never walked into my shop and demanded any help...

+1.

maybe if you used proper words, like a grown-up, people would not have to ask you what you meant.

yes, its safe to add "reef bone" to ur system but make sure "bone" is completely dry so it dosent add any bateria to ur tank.

i lol so bad reading this threat omgomgomg

I call troll.

Islandoftiki
I would start with with a box of milk bones and if those work out slowly move to reef bones over a couple weeks.

+1

I've been using milk bones in my tanks for years. Added bonus, if you have a dogfish, they will thank you!

Archived