Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump

Diemess

chucktdbm321

Nope not controllable... look to spend a ton more if you want something controllable. I would get the 425gph which is only a couple more bucks. Depending on what exactly what you want this should be fine for flow.

I've got a standard 10G with this, and an AC70. The AC70 is set to the lowest stock setting, and with the power head (it's non adjustable) I'm happy with the flow rates. If it were a longer tank, I'd probably bump up to the next size up.

My tank measures in about 24" in length. Here's a pic for better judgement.

The tank is currently cycling so it's still under construction. I'm dumping that mini rio pump on the left of the tank for the hydro 240 or 425.

post-73713-1334255121_thumb.jpg

AZDesertRat

I have a 16G bowfront with a modded AC500 refugium (now its called a 110 I believe) with a shaved impeller, an older Koralia K1, and a Evolutions Nano 425 and its not enough flow even for soft corals.

Get the 425 at least.

I have a 16G bowfront with a modded AC500 refugium (now its called a 110 I believe) with a shaved impeller, an older Koralia K1, and a Evolutions Nano 425 and its not enough flow even for soft corals.

Get the 425 at least.

thanks for the info, 425 it is.

Although not controllable as in turning the flow up and down they can be pulsed (switched on and off) All the newer Koralia nano pumps are now designed with continuous switching on and off in mind. Just add a pulse timer to one.

Yep that looks like it. I assume they will be the same as the versions we have in the UK.

Ok cool, I just purchased one. Thanks

Islandoftiki

Diemess,

My tank is about the same dimensions as yours. I have an MP10 in my tank and I'm thinking it would be nice to have a powerhead on both sides of the tank. I use a Hydor Koralia Nano 240gph for mixing salt and think I'm going to add one opposite the MP10.

Most powerheads have a dead spot underneath them, so for long tanks, I think it's best to have two powerheads at opposite ends. You certainly don't need an MP10, it's just a nice luxury. Two poweheads is a good idea IMO.

Diemess,

My tank is about the same dimensions as yours. I have an MP10 in my tank and I'm thinking it would be nice to have a powerhead on both sides of the tank. I use a Hydor Koralia Nano 240gph for mixing salt and think I'm going to add one opposite the MP10.

Most powerheads have a dead spot underneath them, so for long tanks, I think it's best to have two powerheads at opposite ends. You certainly don't need an MP10, it's just a nice luxury. Two poweheads is a good idea IMO.

Yeah a member here had the same tank as mine and did the two powerhead thing on both sides, you can see the pics here. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=165318

I was thinking of doing the same but having the flow from my ac70 (using the stock propeller) and adding in a powerhead should be enough flow hopefully.

The flow from the ac70 was blowing my sand all over the place so I placed this little flow blocker from a aqueon filter I had lying around, and it fit and worked perfectly! Here is a pic of what it looks like.

Once the tank is stocked and the sand is heavy enough i'll take off the blocker.

post-73713-1334336057_thumb.jpg

I have a 10gal nano and just put a 425 in mine hoping it wasn't to much. Its perfect along with the return from sump. If you don't have any other flow I would do 2 of them as there not that powerful but they do make a nice lamanar flow

Archived