inTank Media Baskets

Acan Inflation

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

I have two acan frags, one inflates and looks good all day everyday. The other frag looks deflated and sad and droopy. Any common reasoning for this you can think of? Thanks guys!

chippwalters
I have two acan frags, one inflates and looks good all day everyday. The other frag looks deflated and sad and droopy. Any common reasoning for this you can think of? Thanks guys!

My acans typically like light, just not too much, and flow, again not too much. When I moved a colony higher in the tank where there was more flow and more light, it suffered. They were fine back on the floor of the tank.

Also, I hand feed mine shrimp pellets about 10 minutes after the lights go out, once a week. They all appreciate it greatly. I use a small turkey baster with the powerheads off. HTH

Please join/visit the Acan Club for Q's like these, im sure the members would be more than happy to share some knowledge and awesome pics...

This is what we were made for! :D

In case I forget to check up later, good luck! :)

I have the same problem. Got two frags about two weeks ago. They were both doing very well, fed mysis or cyclops everyday (too much?) Now one of them started looking sad/deflated in the past couple of days, not sure what caused it. The other still looks very happy. Come feeding time, all it's tentacles are out. I don't knwo what's wrong with the other one...

Assuming all your parameters are normal, my guess would be too much flow. Try placing them in an area of lower flow and see how they respond.

I have both of mine next to each other on the sand receiving low to medium flow. Ones doing great the other one looks sad.. I will try different placement.

bryanphillips

Thanks guys, I will take your advice into consideration. The weird part is they are right next to eachother so you would think they would be as happy as the other. But I will work on feeding them a lil more to see if that helps. I have only done it once in the last month.

Archived