Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can't find snail

clownwithcoral

clownwithcoral

Hi guys. I had a snail which I'm pretty sure is dead by now. I have tried every way possible trying to find it but can't. I was wondering what will this do to my tank, it's a 10 gallon tank

If it is a well established tank nothing will happen but if it is a tank right after cycling, then your ammonia may go up slightly. If you have crabs or shrimps they will eat most of it so nothing will happen. There are a few factors.

You sure its not on the floor somewhere? lol but no really I have a snail get killed and it was gone in a day or so from the others eating it

I had a similar problem as you once. I had two ceriths i hadn't seen in about a week ( I was guilty of throwing them in there a tad bit before my cycle was completely finished :( ) but they eventually popped up. Even so, the bioload of a dead snail most likely will not have that great of an effect on your system. You may have a small spike, but nothing a couple small water changes won't fix.

I just saw my Trochus Snail which is a bit bigger than a golf ball for the first time since November. It could still be alive and well. :lol:

clownwithcoral

Local fish store told me sand snail so that would make sense. No way I'm digging through my sand to find out if he's dead. Hopefully it's still alive doing good. I bought two. One died and one missing

What's going on with your tank that snails are dying? Are your params good? I have 8 snails and they're all still kicking even with 7 hermits that try to steal their shells.

Archived