inTank Media Baskets

wholesale to public?

acuralegend94

acuralegend94

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew anywhere where i can buy wholesale fish/coral/supplies? I've heard of people ordering them and picking them up at LAX airport.

altolamprologus

It is illegal to buy wholesale priced items if you aren't a business. If it was legal no one would buy retail priced supplies.

edit: although most online retailers buy in very large quantities and sell their products just barely above wholesale price. But then you end up paying that money in shipping anyway

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew anywhere where i can buy wholesale fish/coral/supplies? I've heard of people ordering them and picking them up at LAX airport.

Check on the Los angeles Craiglist , just type "live coral"...One guy always advertise that he could do tranship the coral for you.

It is illegal to buy wholesale priced items if you aren't a business. If it was legal no one would buy retail priced supplies.

edit: although most online retailers buy in very large quantities and sell their products just barely above wholesale price. But then you end up paying that money in shipping anyway

Actually alot of shops now a day have both "wholesale and retail" licenses if they paid extra to buy them then they could either sell as wholesale or retail to you.

thegambler26

i dont think its illegal to buy items for wholesale if your not a business. I just not worth the time of the wholesaler to deal with individuals on a such a small basis. if you want wholesale prices it'd probably be good to get a group together and order enough that the shipping is free or spread between everyone so much that it doesnt cost you as much.

i dont think its illegal to buy items for wholesale if your not a business. I just not worth the time of the wholesaler to deal with individuals on a such a small basis. if you want wholesale prices it'd probably be good to get a group together and order enough that the shipping is free or spread between everyone so much that it doesnt cost you as much.

It's illegal if the wholeseller don't retail license but do retail sale to puplic. Retail license is not that expensive...they could buy one if they decide to do retail business on the side.

Sorry to derail the thread.

wolverine57

How many fish are you planning to buy? If your buying for your tank, let say what 6-8 max still alot of fish for your one tank. Will be probably one box shipped. There are multiple fees just to get that 1 box at the airport. Just for a few fish when everything is set and done will add up to retail just on the fees.

You need a business license and not a business license in another industry.

Like another member mention here, is not that simple then no one would be buying retail.

If you live close to the port or LAX there are always little "meets" put on by various clubs that go down to the wholesaler. I've gone a few times and handpicked corals and fish at wholesale prices.

Other than that I have a friend who just does trips out to the wholesaler since he has a license and people can order/pick up corals from his house.

acuralegend94

I contacted that guy from craigslist.... they have a whole list of fish and coral and the fees do add up a lot... i will let you guys know if i decide to do it. thanks!

Archived