Coral Vue Hydros

Jacob's angler tank

Jacob042426

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Euphyllia

You never mentioned you wanted another tank FishBro! That's super awesome. You should set one up. Good luck with it! :D

You never mentioned you wanted another tank FishBro! That's super awesome. You should set one up. Good luck with it! :D

I kept it quite secret. :ninja:

Jacob042426
ill pay attention when you pay pico

but i might need your help! :angry:

im 80% sure im doing t-5's for this tank. what fixture? fni? aquaticlife?

im thinking about doing a ridge 24 so i can get the 24".

Yeah, ridge is a bit better. A 24 would be perfect.

i just need to ask chris for a larger back chamber. ;)

Not sure if he'd be able to do that, but 'tis worth ein shot. :D

Jacob042426
Do a TEK, more bulb options, I think there is a 24" model.

well, i think i would be switching the stock bulbs out anyway... so a fni might be better.

but i might need your help! :angry:

im 80% sure im doing t-5's for this tank. what fixture? fni? aquaticlife?

no I'll help, as long as you commit. but dont commit on my behalf, think long and hard about this. with the recent tragedy, Im going to tone the trolling down for a week. i'll be lucky if i last a day, so thats your window to ask me questions

no I'll help, as long as you commit. but dont commit on my behalf, think long and hard about this. with the recent tragedy, Im going to tone the trolling down for a week. i'll be lucky if i last a day, so thats your window to ask me questions

So while you aren't trolling, do you factually hate me? Or are we as fly as a water bottle hitting Justin Bieber in the face? :D

Jacob042426
Yey! :happehcuzimbri'ish:

i want a br'ish accent, but i have a new york accent :happy:

i think im going to start collecting equiptment soon.

any suggestions on a bulb combo? i want a semi-actinic look, but not super blue. also, i might have trouble getting a tuberculated because hawaii is cutting off most of its imports of tropical fish. :(

i want a br'ish accent, but i have a new york accent :happy:

i think im going to start collecting equiptment soon.

any suggestions on a bulb combo? i want a semi-actinic look, but not super blue. also, i might have trouble getting a tuberculated because hawaii is cutting off most of its imports of tropical fish. :(

I hate super blue. Looks unlike the ocean. My advice is to go with 50/50s so you get some vibrant colors, but you get more of an ocean look. Make sure you have tons of flow in there, like a wavemaker, and some corals like xenia to show the current. Do the rest with husbandry. When I received my first SPS, they were browned out. They looked good under my lights though. With TLC, they were amazingly colored and people were pretty jelly. I didn't like my Phoenix 14K now that I look back on it. Made everything look very washed out TBH. Go with what you like though. :)

Jacob042426
I hate super blue. Looks unlike the ocean. My advice is to go with 50/50s so you get some vibrant colors, but you get more of an ocean look. Make sure you have tons of flow in there, like a wavemaker, and some corals like xenia to show the current. Do the rest with husbandry. When I received my first SPS, they were browned out. They looked good under my lights though. With TLC, they were amazingly colored and people were pretty jelly. I didn't like my Phoenix 14K now that I look back on it. Made everything look very washed out TBH. Go with what you like though. :)

ok, ill just use the fni stock bulbs. :)

the only super blue i like is from kessils. they look pretty natural.

Jacob042426

im kinda concerned about the lifespan of a tuberculated. they only live like 6 months or so, and i dont have any experience. should i just go with a. maculatus?

altolamprologus
im kinda concerned about the lifespan of a tuberculated. they only live like 6 months or so, and i dont have any experience. should i just go with a. maculatus?

How big is this tank going to be? If it will big enough and have proper filtration, I don't see why not.

Jacob042426
How big is this tank going to be? If it will big enough and have proper filtration, I don't see why not.

total volume: 14.5 gallons

display: 13 gallons

it will have a small protein skimmer and tons of macros.

Why the heck would you get a fish that only lives 6 months?

That's just plain stupid...

altolamprologus
total volume: 14.5 gallons

display: 13 gallons

it will have a small protein skimmer and tons of macros.

That would be fine then

Jacob042426
Why the heck would you get a fish that only lives 6 months?

That's just plain stupid...

because its an awesome fish.....

i think im just going with a. maculatus.

Archived