• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 31 Jan 2012

Is it common for a sixline to pick on a clownfish? I thought both were somewhat aggressive but the clown is not at all in comparison to sixline. Its a 10g tank but they occupy completely different regions of the water column. Any ideas guys?

kimotherapy

kimotherapy

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 15 Feb 2010
I'm not much of an expert, but I've heard that six-lines are active, and as a result of that, happier in a tank of 30 gallons or more.

Edited by kimotherapy, 10 April 2012 - 10:58 AM.

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Clowns usually don't become aggressive until they pair and establish territory. Six lines will become aggressive if not given enough space. Your tank is way too small and that's most likely the root of the problem

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image

Chrisl1976

Chrisl1976

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2012
  • Kankakee, Illinois

Clowns usually don't become aggressive until they pair and establish territory. Six lines will become aggressive if not given enough space. Your tank is way too small and that's most likely the root of the problem

+1

Just a JBJ 28CF on its way to looking wonderful.

Posted Image

Basketball Prodigy

Basketball Prodigy

Bear

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 06 Mar 2011

This

Posted Image

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 31 Jan 2012
Okay, thanks guys. I see you said 30 above but what size footprint would be sufficient?

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

Okay, thanks guys. I see you said 30 above but what size footprint would be sufficient?

A couple square feet. Longer is better so for example a 20 long is better than a 29 gallon biocube as far as swimming space goes. Even a 15 long could be ok with the right rockwork.

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image

bdaniel5278

bdaniel5278

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2012
  • Durham, NC
i had a sixline and a clown in a 36 gallon bowfront, and the sixline picked on my clown all the time, so he had to go
Tank: PicO Aquariums MR18, mp10, 2 rapidled par38
Livestock: Ocellaris Clownfish, Cleaner shrimp, Zoas, GSP, Mushrooms, Clam, Torchs
Posted Image

My Pico Thread

bryanphillips

bryanphillips

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 31 Jan 2012
I have a 29g that is going to be upgraded to a 65g soon so I may turn this 10g into the 29. We'll see. I am much more inclined to keep the wrasse than the clown if he continues to pick on him regardless of space. Much better swimmer, eater, etc. But thanks for the help guys, I didnt realize they would be that territorial that young.

Kfmmartin19

Kfmmartin19

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,251 posts
  • Joined 20 Nov 2011
6 lines are devil-fish
http://www.nano-reef...tins-bada-cube/

^^^^my bada$$ cube

Back to regular scheduled programming later this afternoon with fresh pictures of my two female ponies in some haut lesbionic entanglements. 

jera891

jera891

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Joined 02 May 2011
  • Raleigh, NC
I had my 4-line kill a blenny for no reason. Just because he was smaller. Wrasses really need plenty of room and rock, but sometimes....they are just bastards

Edited by jera891, 10 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

dallasprstn

dallasprstn

teen reefer

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Joined 18 Jan 2012
i had a sixline in a forty gallon tank and he was extremely aggressive towards them. he attacked all my fish in that tank and would attack their eyes. i gave him back to the fish store.

Blennylover14

Blennylover14

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Joined 24 Feb 2012
  • Colorado

6 lines are devil-fish

+100

My 6 line I had(Mr.piggy) was to mean I had to sell him to a friend, very cute and cuddly fish.. But there's something inside of them that resembles the devil