• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cje0114

cje0114

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 08 Apr 2010

These two guys just started doing this little dance a few days ago. I don't know what it it but it's pretty amusing and sometimes they'll go at it like this for hours.

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

camry90

camry90

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 29 May 2011
give them some privacy? lol

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Fighting for dominance. Touching "lips" is not a sign of affection in fish, it's a sign of aggression.

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image

cje0114

cje0114

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 08 Apr 2010

Fighting for dominance. Touching "lips" is not a sign of affection in fish, it's a sign of aggression.

Thanks. I've never experienced this before with chromis I any of my tanks. But then again, I usually kept large schools in my larger tanks...maybe that has something to do with it. This is the first time I only had 2 of them together. Well, I had three but one of them decided to go for a ride in my mp10.

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Chromis are notorious for picking each other off in small tanks. They don't tolerate conspecifics well

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image