Coral Vue Hydros

40 Breeder Skimmer

basicfisherman

basicfisherman

I have been throwing some ideas around on setting up a 40 breeder. I stumbled across a couple nice threads to use as sample setups. There have been a few people using a knock off skimmer from ebay that was a cone skimmer. I can't seem to find the threads and was wondering if anyone knows of the skimmer I'm talking about. If not any good ideas for a good skimmer for under $200?

I have been throwing some ideas around on setting up a 40 breeder. I stumbled across a couple nice threads to use as sample setups. There have been a few people using a knock off skimmer from ebay that was a cone skimmer. I can't seem to find the threads and was wondering if anyone knows of the skimmer I'm talking about. If not any good ideas for a good skimmer for under $200?

I had 30gal tank.. Used a aqua c remora hob protein slimmer.. Worked wonders and pulled tons of nasty stuff cost about 60 used or 140 new

Wuvable Wubbins

Are you talking about the sc-65? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&a...-All-Categories

I just got it for my 40 breeder and I've heard great things about it.

basicfisherman
Im currently using the Hydor Slim Skim on my 40 breeder - seems to be doing a good job.

I have one on my BC29 at the moment. Not sure if I'm totally sold on it but it has been working better in the last week. I do like how quiet it is.

Are you talking about the sc-65? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&a...-All-Categories

I just got it for my 40 breeder and I've heard great things about it.

Yes this looks like what I was looking for! Thanks! This time I will have to bookmark it so it doesn't get lost this time.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be open to them as far as skimmers go for a 40 breeder.

I have one on my BC29 at the moment. Not sure if I'm totally sold on it but it has been working better in the last week. I do like how quiet it is.

Yes this looks like what I was looking for! Thanks! This time I will have to bookmark it so it doesn't get lost this time.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be open to them as far as skimmers go for a 40 breeder.

Im using a Bubble Magus NAC6 and I love it

jedimasterben

Get that skimmer, it is fabulous!

SWC Xtreme 120 or 160 if you plan on upgrading in the future and don't want to have to buy a skimmer then. I'm good up to 150ish with the 160.

SWC Xtreme 120 or 160 if you plan on upgrading in the future and don't want to have to buy a skimmer then. I'm good up to 150ish with the 160.

+1 I have the 120 Cone from SWC. Great skimmer and I got it here in the classifieds for $160 shipped.

+1 I have the 120 Cone from SWC. Great skimmer and I got it here in the classifieds for $160 shipped.

Why no love for the BMK 150? Not a true cone but come on... I should post pic of the gunk mine pulls.

It's a moster!

dsc00095ik.jpg

devilsadvocate
Either your link is broke or it sold... no way i would waste money on a ebay skimmer anyways.

these skimmers are legit. and at more then 1/2 the price.

jedimasterben
Lol go waste your money on a cheap pump in that... lol

I will, and guess what - it will work as good or better than yours, and have a lot of money to spend on other things.

these skimmers are legit. and at more then 1/2 the price.

This. A skimmer is a skimmer. They all do the same damn thing. If these skimmers didn't work, it would be one thing, but they are proven to work wonderfully - just as good as your $300+ skimmers.

basicfisherman
I'm not going to fight with you about a cheap skimmer on Ebay go back to the LED forum with your cheap a$$

LOL what ever! I think they you all have had some great feed back on this skimmer debate.

Yup SC-65 is the same thing as Bubble Magus NAC3+ but more affordable. Great skimmer even without mods, but the mod to make it perform even better is pretty much free if you have a dremel!

• 3 months later...
Im currently using the Hydor Slim Skim on my 40 breeder - seems to be doing a good job.

Are you using the nano or the full size one?

Archived