33 replies to this topic

steely185

steely185

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • Richmond, VA

I currently have a maxima that is about 6 inches or bigger that I bought in March of 2010. It's attached to a small rock that I can move pretty much anywhere. It's currently on the sand bed but I have also had it up on some rocks. I run a calcium reactor but have only used it for about half the time I have owned the clam. My crocea is just as old as well and my derasa is about 1 1/2 years old but like most derasas grows the fastest.

Edited by steely185, 01 November 2012 - 11:56 AM.

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,046 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York

I currently have a maxima that is about 6 inches or bigger that I bought in March of 2010. It's attached to a small rock that I can move pretty much anywhere. It's currently on the sand bed but I have also had it up on some rocks. I run a calcium reactor but have only used it for about half the time I have owned the clam. My crocea is just as old as well and my derasa is about 1 1/2 years old but like most derasas grows the fastest.

How big is the maxima?

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

steely185

steely185

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • Richmond, VA
The clam is about 6" or bigger. You can see it in the pic all the way on the right. The pic was from May.

Posted Image

I used to have an 8-9" maxima but lost it during a tank crash when moving to a bigger tank. I had it for about 6-8 months with no issues until the crash.

back in Feb 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit, here is what I was looking for
Posted Image

Edited by steely185, 01 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

ZephNYC

ZephNYC

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Joined 10 Apr 2012
  • New York City, NY

The clam is about 6" or bigger. You can see it in the pic all the way on the right. The pic was from May.

Posted Image

I used to have an 8-9" maxima but lost it during a tank crash when moving to a bigger tank. I had it for about 6-8 months with no issues until the crash.

back in Feb 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

:bowdown:

Do you use kalk?

Edited by ZephNYC, 01 November 2012 - 12:08 PM.

1k2f.jpg

steely185

steely185

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • Richmond, VA
thanks

Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

Phyllognathia ceratophthalma

• Members
  • 2,344 posts
  • Joined 19 Nov 2009
  • Michigan

Is there anyone with 5 inch Maximas that have been in their tanks for over a year?

Now I have.
My Tanks:
29g Lagoon

29g Reef

25g Tidepool
My Bongo Shrimp Want to Eat Your Starfish.

Posted Image Posted Image Follow me on Twitter! @ArchetypeMarine

Click here to learn how to fight back if your photos are stolen.

metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer ;)

• Premium Members
  • 27,046 posts
  • Joined 14 Jul 2011
  • New York

Posted Image

back in Feb 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit, here is what I was looking for
Posted Image

Wow.

So to combine both your posts, the maxima is 6 inches and you've had it since may 2010 making it 2.5 years under your care. that's superb!

Click the Icons for links

Kats.png max.png TOTM.png featuredRB.png NLOGO.jpg MDfish_White_Background_copy_bigger.jpg JBJ-Cubey-3-Gallon-Desktop-Aquarium-Blac

steely185

steely185

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • Richmond, VA
Correct. The blue maxima. The green one was lost in a tank crash

dormreefer

dormreefer

College Reefer

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Joined 15 Aug 2012
  • Orlando, FL
Some beautiful clams! Starting small with mine really hope to keep it alive as I already love it!

Already talked to Zeph a lot about it too, he's helped calm my nerves on thinking its pinched all the time, haha.