Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is this hurting my Devil's Hand Leather?

modulok

So months ago I got a Devil's Hand Leather coral. I noticed something growing from the rock, cool I thought. Since the hitchhiker coral has grown, it seems the Devil's Hand isn't opening or growing right.

Does anyone know what the smaller coral on the right is? Is it hurting the Devil's Hand?

2079.jpeg

white stringy stuff?

yeah, chem warfare

imo

i call shenanigans. Leather corals shed this stringy slimy stuff. Mine shrivels up and retracts all of its polyps for 2-3 days every week. After that it releases that "white stringy stuff" and goes back to normal. Like clockwork.

i call shenanigans. Leather corals shed this stringy slimy stuff. Mine shrivels up and retracts all of its polyps for 2-3 days every week. After that it releases that "white stringy stuff" and goes back to normal. Like clockwork.

good to know

Both do seem to be fighting for space every few days...but I'm thinking the Devil's Hand is getting the worst of it.

I do agree that it looks like Kenya Tree...can I just pull it off the rock? How should I attach it to a new rock?

Remove it with a razor blade. Then put a chunk of epoxy where the stump was to smother it from growing back. Reattach it to your rocks with a dab of super glue gel. Simple as that...

Its definately a kenya tree. My devils hand shedds all the time. Sometimes it shrivels up alot when it does this. Mine has done battle with a cabbage, and a kenya. The devils hand always looks like it is losing. Its a relatively weak coral when it s fighting. Hell mine gets irritated when xenia touches it and xenia doesnt even have any form of self defense. Devils hand just tend to be fickle. They will also shrivel and shed frequently due to healthy growty. I suggest sepperating the kenya tree from that rock, as it is the more hardy coral and it will grow faster.

Remove it with a razor blade. Then put a chunk of epoxy where the stump was to smother it from growing back. Reattach it to your rocks with a dab of super glue gel. Simple as that...

my kenya wont hold glue i use a rubberband to get it to attatch where i want it. Its less messy too. Good idea on smothering though ill have to start doing that to my xenia.

Archived