Top Shelf Aquatics

40"x14"x10"

boxboy

I was thinking of building a diy AIO tank. 40x14x10 sps domnaited tank. 21.82 gal. about 18 running gal.

OR 30x10x10 12.99gal

what do you think I could do to get a wide med strong flow in this size of tank?

Rules. must be AIO. no sump. no larger than 30 gal total. other than this anything goes.

So leta see what ideas you all have.

bdaniel5278

Chris at Picoaquariums.com does custom AIO builds, id say give him a shout. Also does awesome work with great customer service

Chris at Picoaquariums.com does custom AIO builds, id say give him a shout. Also does awesome work with great customer service

Was looking at this website and read your thread today actually lol

try to go with a higher dimension.

the placement for the sps will be annoying for you with only 10" of height,even though it will be much less.

subtract about 1-2 inches for substrate and about 1 inch for the water...then youre roughly left with 8 inches of height.

i have trouble getting good placement for sps in my 12" high tank.

they grow and start to poke out of the water.

just my 2 cents

try to go with a higher dimension.

the placement for the sps will be annoying for you with only 10" of height,even though it will be much less.

subtract about 1-2 inches for substrate and about 1 inch for the water...then youre roughly left with 8 inches of height.

i have trouble getting good placement for sps in my 12" high tank.

they grow and start to poke out of the water.

just my 2 cents

Thanks for the advice. just wanted a shallow tank. not something big. like my 46g.

Why the sump hate? IMO the best SPS tanks are usually sumpped. Chris at pico aquariums has some good stuff tho!

I do like sumps. had one on my 46 and 20high. but I live in an apartment. If I flood the floor. Ill be reefing with my tanks on the sidewalk lol

Archived