Innovative Marine Aquariums

Will this RO/DI be enough

asmedeas

lostmindedv
I have a 15 gallon aquarium and want to get an RO/DI unit will this be enough I really don't trust the LFS stores around my area. Also should I get this or an intank media basket I have a aquaclear 110 that's going in the back of this tank.

Here is the ro unit

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd...omy-system.html

Or the intank media basket

Start with the RO/DI. Water is the most important thing you can control so start with the RO/DI then get the intank media basket. Just my opinion.

HecticDialectics

absolutely the ro/di over the intank media basket. Not even a comparison lol. Before intank, we used to retro our aquaclears. Takes a tube of super glue and about 10 minutes.

C.I._Reefer
I have a 15 gallon aquarium and want to get an RO/DI unit will this be enough I really don't trust the LFS stores around my area. Also should I get this or an intank media basket I have a aquaclear 110 that's going in the back of this tank.

Here is the ro unit

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd...omy-system.html

Or the intank media basket

its not bad, but you will save money long-term with a spectrapure, plus it is an overall better quality unit

I plan on getting the same RO/DI in a month or so. Spectrapure's shipping is $25 which causes it to end up being more expensive. Also the replacement filters are more expensive to replace. I see nothing wrong with the BRS Ro/DI. Spectrapure is a great produce but BRS is also a great product. You might even be able to get in on a group buy and save a bit more.

I have been looking for an RO/DI unit my self. right now im looking at the BRS RO/DI 5 stage plus. im hoping someone could start a BRS group buy so i can order my unit.

RO/DI first, then the media basket. I have both. Just finished modding Stevie's basket/Tunze combo on an AC110. As soon as I get off my lazy butt, I'll post a how-to on adding the original AC110 cover back to the unit with the 9002 in place.

Also, check out this RO unit. For $20 more, you get an extra stage......

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/1TYPHOO...per-75-GPD.html

Im

Rick

Im down for a group buy lol just let me know how that works

AZDesertRat

You get what you pay for with RO/DI. More stages does not mean a hill of beans, its what the stages contain, the 4 stage Spectrapure will run circles around the 5 or 6 or 7 stage BRS every day of the week and continue to do so for months longer per cartridge replacement and the membrane will last years longer.

The reason the filters cost more to replace is they are much better, the better the filter the better they protect everything downstream and the longer it will last and better it will perform.

Compare a 5.0 micron nominal rated sediment filter to a 0.5 micron absolute rated sediment filter, which one is better and will protect the carbon block better so it will in turn perform better and last longer? Bingo!

Compare a dry untreated and untested 75 GPD Dow Filmtec RO membrane to a specially treated then either batch tested or individually hand tested high rejection rate 90 GPD RO membrane, which one wuill perform better and make your DI resin last longer for a lower cost of ownership? Bingo!

Compare off the shelf who knows what blend of DI resin to fresh sepcially blended reef specific DI resin blended based on thousands of hours of testing in real world conditions and usually blended and vacuum sealed the day it ships. Which one will work better and lasst longer, again for a lower cost of ownership? Bingo!

Compare a fixed orfice flow restrictor you cannot adjust and is probably not the correct 4:1 waste ratio to a capillary tube restrictor you yourself trim andadjust based on you own personal and unique water conditions so you know it is correct. Which one will work better and make you RO membrane work better, last longer and save you money on wasted water and membrane inefficiency? Bingo!

There is more to RO/DI than meets the eye. Yes, you want to look for a good value but look past the initial price and pay attention to what it contains and how much it will cost you over its lifespan. There is a big difference and that is why Spectrapure has been in business over 25 years providing the best you can get. Nothing is off the shelf and many of their products are unique enough to hold patents, copyrights and trademarks. They research everything they do, nothing is ordinary.

I personally owned a Typhoon III for several years thinking it was the best. I could only get 150 gallons of 0-2 TDS water per DI refill no matter what I did. I even had the membarne tested and replaced. It would never go below 13 TDS with RO only ever.

I replaced it with a MaxCap and the very first DI replacement was at 830 measured gallons and then it was only 1 TDS not 2 or 3! The RO only TDS never exceeded 4, ever. Thesecond and all subsequent DI refills have exceeded 1000 gallons . There is a difference.

Archived