inTank Media Baskets

Ricordea help

jahoban

I have a baby blue ricordea mushroom that I think may be having issues

It is turning a darker brown, almost black around the mouth and the rest of the disk is starting to draw in and point upwards more than laying flat against the rock as it would normally do

It was added to my tank approximately 2 weeks ago and has looked great up until a couple days ago

All of my other coral, mostly zoanthids, are doing amazing

The only thing that has changed is I added LEDs to my biocube 29, I added the rapid led kit with 4 extra uvs, so a total of 28 LEDs

I have since moved the little guy under a frag rack for some shade

Could it be to much light for the mushroom? I currently have the LEDs dimmed down to about 20-25% power

Thanks

Jason

altolamprologus

Cupping upward is a sign of not getting enough light. Softies die quite often under LEDs, particularly when you're missing some spectrum.

I have a BC 29 with 34 leds. I am running whites at 35% and others (RB, B, T, V, R) at 75%. There are 8 whites. The white ciircuit is set to a max 1000 mA and the others to a max of 600 mA, so the whites are running at 350 mA and the others at 400 mA.

I have some ricordea and they seem quite happy. They are at the bottom of the tank mounted vertically so they get less direct light.

Perhaps it is just the cahnge in lighting and they need to get used to it gradually?

I have 8 royal blues, 8 cool whites, 4 blues, 2 reds, 2 cyans, and 4 uvs

Everything is running between 800-900 mA on meanwell dimmable drivers and the dimmers are currently around the 20-25% area as I am trying to slowly acclimate everything to the new light

I have discomusa, other ricordea, and rhodactis mushrooms and all of them are growing and looking spectacular

I'm not sure why this one in particular is agitated

I'll give it a day or two in the shade and see how it does

Jason

Archived