Coral Vue Hydros

MeanWell DriveR Help

najluni15

Happy Easter All,

I got an Aquastyle 48 led kit with 2 meanwell 60D-48 dimmable drivers. Will 2 drivers be enough for the 48 LEDs? I have a series of 24 on each driver. I finished sodering my blue series and hooked it up to the pot and driver and they did not come on. I hope I didnt kill my driver. Anyone have any ideas on how many leds I can run per strand, and if I did something wrong in hooking up the driver?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

I have the same drivers running my kit and according to rapid led they can run between 8-14 LEDs per driver

I'm not sure if any damage would occur by pushing to many LEDs though

Jason

Hmmm. I wonder why ray at aquastyle would include 2 if they can only run 14 led. I hope I didn't damage it by trying to run 24 led. Anyone have an idea?

Was it a kit or did you buy items separately? What wattage are the leds? The Meanwells are rated For 8-14 3 watt leds.

It was an aquastyle 48 led kit with 3w led

I just looked at the Aquastyles website and it suggests 2 strings of 12 LEDs in parallel on each driver. Do you have a single string of 24 on each driver?

I just looked at the Aquastyles website and it suggests 2 strings of 12 LEDs in parallel on each driver. Do you have a single string of 24 on each driver?

Yeah I did one string of 24. So if I do two strings of 12 would I just make a lead wire and have the two strings come off of it?

Thanks

I think you would wire the first 12 just like your current circuit of 24. The second 12 would be exactly the same as the first so you would have 2 positive wires from your power supply and 2 negative wires from it, one of each to each circuit. Does that make sense?

I think you would wire the first 12 just like your current circuit of 24. The second 12 would be exactly the same as the first so you would have 2 positive wires from your power supply and 2 negative wires from it, one of each to each circuit. Does that make sense?

So would I take the + wire coming from the driver and connect two wires to it for the two led strands and do the same for the - side as well?

Thanks again. I have a lot of questions but I want to get the light finished as soon as possible.

Thank you everyone that helped. I got it all wired up and it works great. Just need to finish wiring and aesthetics then wait for my pwm cables for my reef angel controller. I'll hopefully find time in between work school and homework tomorrow to finish it. I'll post pics

Alright...Got some Pix....and another question

I noticed that many people use a multimeter to determine the right current for the lights with the Drivers SR2 adjustment knob thing. Is this necessary? I plugged in my lights and they work and are very bright (which is good) but am not sure if I should check the current in the parallel line. Should I do this, how do I do this, and what should the current be at if I have 2 drivers, each with 2 parallel strands of 12 3W Bridgelux LEDs?

Thanks!

NOW PICTURES (not entirely done with fixture, waiting on PWM control cable for my Reef Angel controller to come tomorrow. I made a box for the drivers with a project box from radioshack. I also got a plexi glass splash shield from Lowes that I need to cut and attach (need to figure out how to do this without drilling my heatsink again) and I got 2 16" L brackets from Lowes to hang the light from.

Kit from Aquastyle

ITS ALIVE!!!!

Dont mind the cherry blancket (Im sure Im judged, but its my girlfriends)

I just need to attach PWM cable, clean up connections and project box (get rid of Pots) and hang the thing....(and adjust current if you all think i should)

Archived