4 replies to this topic

pico1

pico1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Joined 19 Oct 2005
  • Sacramento

I'm designing a false wall for a 2'x2'x2' cube to make it an all-in-one. Let me know what you guys think about my basic design. TIA.

Aquarium_False_Wall.jpg

Just a side note, refugium will not have a sand bed. I plan on adding egg crate to the top and bottom of the first baffle to keep the algae from drifting.

snowflake ell

snowflake ell

surfing,reefing, and vw's=happiness, and loss of money

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Joined 30 Mar 2011
  • jersey shore

I'm designing a false wall for a 2'x2'x2' cube to make it an all-in-one. Let me know what you guys think about my basic design. TIA.

Aquarium_False_Wall.jpg

Just a side note, refugium will not have a sand bed. I plan on adding egg crate to the top and bottom of the first baffle to keep the algae from drifting.

looks nice . it looks like there will be alot of flow in the refugium

shaneandjohn

shaneandjohn

Father and Son

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 08 Jan 2011
  • Puyallup Washington
In my opinion, the designe looks great!!

60 gallons is a great size, and it will allow for endless Oppertunities with how it is scaped.

My 120 was just double the length and I loved it.

I would figure out what skimmer you are going to use and build around that.

The Solana we have will only a few choices for skimmers, and that the only thing I would change about it!!

I would love to see pics when you are done and see what you come up with!! :)

if your looking for coraline growth up your salinity, just eyeball it, dont tongue it

Lies!!! It's like you can't stop lying! It's like you have a disease, you have liabities!!! Lol

Shane and John
Father and Son

35 Gallon Custom Built AIO, and Custom Stand, Kessil A350 Tuna Blue, Cadlights PLS50 Elite Skimmer,2 IM Media Reactors,InTank Media rack and 2 MP-10's for flow. Tunze ATO. Star-Board Bottom.
Livestock is mostly LPS and Chalices with a 6 year old pair of B/W Clowns.
Set up on 5-16-14

YankeePete

YankeePete

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Joined 11 Jan 2009
  • Charlotte,NC
What pump are you using?

pico1

pico1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,910 posts
  • Joined 19 Oct 2005
  • Sacramento
Thanks for the input. Flow will be low through the rear. Likely a mag 3. No need to force more than that though to feed a skimmer and refugium.