inTank Media Baskets

How much time before adding corals?

Iam King

How old is your tank? How long has it been setup? What do you have in it? Live rocks? Inverts? How did you start your cycle? What kind of filtration? Lighting? The more info you the better your question will be answered.

You have much to learn young grasshopper. Much to learn.

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/

Read ALL of the beginners articles. Once you've read them, read them again.

+1

For the sake of the live stock, and your wallet, understand those articles before making major purchases.

Reefing involves understanding basic chemistry and biology. Learning the basics will save you headaches in the long run. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

Good luck!

How old is your tank? How long has it been setup? What do you have in it? Live rocks? Inverts? How did you start your cycle? What kind of filtration? Lighting? The more info you the better your question will be answered.

Live rock

Water. Test

Ph-8.0

Ammonia-0ppm

Nitrite-0ppm

Nitrate-0ppm

If you have truely read it, you would not being asking if you can test for

nitrogen. First thing you need to buy is a basic saltwater test kit Android a basic saltwater book. Baby steps !!!!

shaneandjohn
You have much to learn young grasshopper. Much to learn.

http://www.nano-reef.com/articles/

Read ALL of the beginners articles. Once you've read them, read them again.

This is exactly what you need to do...Great Advise.. Kudos to you..

Do NOT, and I repeat, Do NOT ad any livestock until you are completely confident this tank is ready for it. Livestock needs the proper conditions to live healthy. Test your water and make sure you get all of the proper readings based on what you read.

When it's time to add livestock, Please research what you are going to add before you go buy it. Start adding VERY SLOWLY to ensure that it will live..:)

This is a great hobby, and it's very exciting to get something new in the tank, but it needs to be the right fit for your tank....

Have fun, and it's ok to ask questions..:)

Orange Crush

To the few people who were not helpful in this thread and instead decided to be obnoxious a-holes: this is the beginners forum. Read the rules. Follow the rules. If you can't do that, stay out of the beginners forum or enjoy your ban.

To Iam King: welcome, good luck with your tank, and ignore the a-holes. Read the link someone provided above, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Is there a kit to read nitrogen?

No, there isn't. I would read the very helpful Nitrogen Cycle article in the forum Library.

To the few people who were not helpful in this thread and instead decided to be obnoxious a-holes: this is the beginners forum. Read the rules. Follow the rules. If you can't do that, stay out of the beginners forum or enjoy your ban.

To Iam King: welcome, good luck with your tank, and ignore the a-holes. Read the link someone provided above, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

+1

Thanks.

Negative posts pushes everyone out of forums. We all start somewhere and we all asked questions in the past that are now common knowledge to us. Good luck with your nano Iam King. Ask away but do read all the stickies!! I still go back to them from time to time for a refresher.

When I first started I would go to the LFS with a pen and paper and find out which coral I thought was "cool looking." wrote down the name of it. Brought home my sheet of paper and looked it up on Live Aquaria.com to see what condition where ideal for the coral and if it fit my needs and setup. If it did I would go back and buy it. If it was sold ask when they would get another. Usually most coral in your LFS is on a constant rotation anyway.

Never put anything in your tank that is not right for it!!! If everything you read says it would not be good for your system don't think you're going to be the pioneer who will make it work. Too many fish and coral or lost this way.

In my experience you should ask the owner what the name is because most of the times they are incorrect on the tank because they get sold out so frequently or the owner is lazy in updating whats in the tank.

I am king this is a great site to learn any and everything. Ask away plenty of people will be glad to help including me. Send me a PM anytime I will be happy to help. Alot of people forget they were new once and needed help. Welcome to Nano Reef

u could start with google i mean wat cant be found on there..lol ;) but i used to do a new 1 ever few weeks-month depends wats in ur tank at the time and how ur parms look

TeflonTomDosh
What are some good sites to learn everything about all corals?

This one :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/corals/

and +1 to the live aquaria suggestion, although I've never bought anything from them, they're website is great for information for what I have bought/plan to buy.

totalimmortal363

I know I'm gonna link to an internal site again, but here goes.

http://www.nano-reef.com/corals/

Most, if not all of the corals posted on that page are going to be readily available at most LFS(local fish stores). Some of the things on that list are not for beginners but a lot of it is very hardy and easy to keep for someone just starting out in the hobby. Reading through that page will be a great start.

Archived