I have been lurking for some time trying to consider my entry point into nano-reefing. A few weeks back I had the idea to turn one of my fresh water tanks into a nano-reef... then the lurking got serious. After a bit I decided to just say screw it and I ordered a 14g biocube.
So my stuff is coming in the mail and I figured I would start my log here. So here is the rundown.
What I Have Bought
- Coralife BioCube PC/LED Fish Tank, 14 Gallons
HydrometerRefractometer (And never looking back)
- 50W Heater
- Hydor Koralia Nano 240 Aquarium Circulation Pump, 240 gph
- API Salt Water Master Kit
- Hydor FLO deflector
- Aiptasia X
- Filter Floss
- Eggcrate (Media Rack Material)
- Corrugated Plastic (Media Rack Material)
- Digital Timer Surge Protector
- Chamber 1 False Bottom Removal
- 1/2 Overflow Tab Removal
- DIY chamber 2 media rack
- Hydor FLO
- Mid Chamber fuge
- Fan Upgrade (If Needed)
- (~4-6 months from now) DIY led lighting
- (~4-6 months from now) DIY Ethernet controlled lighting / heat
The lighting and Ethernet controller mod will be built sometime in the future (I.E. When I have enough time to build/program the system)
I have a really decent LFS close by so I will be buying live rock/sand and any stock from them.
- 2 Clowns
- Goby of some description
- Various Ricordea
- Various Zoanthid
- More.. but above is what I know I will be getting.
As far as CUC goes... this will depend on LFS stock and the algae/pests I encounter while cycling.
I will try to post as many pictures as possible. Even boring ones of boxes showing up, and me hugging the mail man!
Edited by prdoring, 09 May 2012 - 06:58 PM.