I started my aquarium adventure with freshwater aquarium almost 8 years ago and I've always wanted to try saltwater. I made a decision about shifting saltwater 5 years ago and I'm cool with it now. After I've experienced with 700 liters and RSM 130 tanks with saltwater, I also experienced some difficulties. Budget and monthly expense were another fact for me and my family. After I saw many nano reef tanks around the world, I wanted to make my own. Because of that my tank is small, salt and additive usage will be lower than my previous tanks. So I'll can save some money for my inverts and corals at this point. There are rare people who interested in true spirit of nano reef, they have so small tanks and amazing creatures, they shows us great effort and art. I appreciate their efforts with all my heart. I want to be get it right and successful with my new nano reef tank.
Anyway, this is my story about the first time doing Nano with 15 gallons, and I try to keep it as serious as possible so I hope you'll enjoy the ride.
And as it goes with names, because I like names, this one is called Simplicity.
Ideas and help, as well as anything else you'd like to say, is greatly appreciated.
If there's anything you like or dislike, don't hesitate to inform me.
- 60cm x 30cm x 36cm Custom Build Tank (15 gallons)
- 24" T5 6x24W (2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue Special)
- Tunze Reefpack 200
- Hydor Koralia 1
- Sera 100W Heater
- 1x Yellow Watchmen Goby (Cryptocentrus Cinctus)
- 1x Tailspot Blenny (Ecsenius Stigmatura)
- 1x Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny (Ecsenius bimaculatus)
- 1x Bicolor Blenny (Ecsenius Bicolor)
- 5x Blue/Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis)
- 1x Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
- 1x Electric Blue Hermit Crab
- 1x Electric Red Hermit Crab
- 1x Electric Orange Hermit Crab
- 1x Polkadotted Hermit Crab
- Other Clean-up Crew
Purple/Green Montipora Plate
Green/Metallic Green Octopus Hammer Coral
Green/Metallic Green Frogspawn Coral
Green Galaxy Coral
Acan Lord frags
Neon Green Closed Brain Coral
Green Candy Cane colony
Pink/Orange/Green Florida Ricordea
Green Star Polyps
5x different polyps
4/21/2012 FTS - General View
4/21/2012 FTS - General View from Left Side
Edited by arthu12, 21 April 2012 - 01:23 PM.