Top Shelf Aquatics

Elos 120 Build

WrongGenotype

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WrongGenotype

The golden nasuta seems to be getting used to my tank. I have it under medium PAR and medium flow. No PE yet, but it seems to be coloring up a little every day. It browned out as expected but it should be ok. I hope it looks like your colony sooner rather than later because I am very envious!

Glad it is getting use to your tank. Hopefully it does well for you and becomes even better than mine. :)

Lovely tank!

Whatever happened to the majestic? They are my favorite fish but my tank is too small to have one.

Unfortanetly I had to give the majestic the boot. It grew a craving for my znps and acans. :(

wow this tank is truly amazing

what are you dosing for this tank?

how did the clownfish spawn go?

Thanks! I does bulk 2 part and mag off a bubble magus doser.

The spawn went a s expected. Food for the tank... On another note the have been spawning every two weeks since then. :D

Unfortunately I had a bit of a problem with a surge protector on one of my other tanks resulting in a crash so this tank is holding most of the coral from that system. It is jam packed and hopefully the coral make it. Now onto the pics.

IMG_5654_zps5232eb9d.jpg

IMG_5656_zpscb32ade1.jpg

IMG_5657_zpsff16fcb0.jpg

IMG_5659_zps2eccd02c.jpg

IMG_5661_zpsa2aa5964.jpg

IMG_5663_zps1d3afdef.jpg

IMG_5670_zpse318069e.jpg

IMG_5671_zpsc77f7e82.jpg

IMG_5672_zpsf7ec6a43.jpg

IMG_5675_zps01da1ce1.jpg

IMG_5677_zps75f3558a.jpg

IMG_5680_zps6c3a9649.jpg

IMG_5681_zps06be624a.jpg

IMG_5683_zps35c45412.jpg

IMG_5684_zpsd8fba8b9.jpg

IMG_5685_zps10ae5d76.jpg

IMG_5691_zps8fd93af5.jpg

IMG_5694_zpsb42d4a26.jpg

WrongGenotype

How did I miss this thread lol and what is your other tanks specs

Been here the whole time. :D

It is so easy to miss things on this site. There is still sections of the forums I still have not been to. lol

Other tank is a 4x3x1 and 6x3x1 plumbed together. About 250-275 total water volume.

Phenomenal tank!! The colors are so vibrant. I am very envious :D

Really appreciate it. I honestly don't know how I do it myself :ninja:

Wow impressive these elos systems seem to be top notch and yor corals are nothing short of that, how are you liking your radions so e people swear by them others hate them ?

WrongGenotype

Wow impressive these elos systems seem to be top notch and yor corals are nothing short of that, how are you liking your radions so e people swear by them others hate them ?

The radoins are ok. There still is a lot of shadowing from the single point light source but with the three its not too bad. I do get good growth and color from certain corals but ime I have had zero luck with some red and yellow colored pieces. If its blue green or purple no problem. The radions I have are gen1 so maybe the newer models have fixed this by adding the UV and teal making the spectum broader? 9think thats the right colors)

I completely forgot about this thread, I remember seeing this tank when you had recently got it while I picked up a Koralia Nano from you a couple years ago. The progress is amazing, congrats man. Hope you got the tank crash under control and I'll definitely have to get in touch with you for some frags in the near future.

WrongGenotype

I completely forgot about this thread, I remember seeing this tank when you had recently got it while I picked up a Koralia Nano from you a couple years ago. The progress is amazing, congrats man. Hope you got the tank crash under control and I'll definitely have to get in touch with you for some frags in the near future.

No kidding. Long time no see. You are more than welcome to come by anytime you are in the area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
WrongGenotype

Weekend is over browski :).

I know I know. I am actually going to be breaking the tank down and have started selling a few pieces out of it already. Moving out of state so will either be doing a restart or upgrade.

I know I know. I am actually going to be breaking the tank down and have started selling a few pieces out of it already. Moving out of state so will either be doing a restart or upgrade.

Sad to see the tank go but I'll be looking forward to the restart/upgrade.

ahh man sorry to hear this. Wish you were local for that tank sale.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I really love this tank. Do you still have it. I would be interested in it and I am fairly close, just outside of Sacramento.

WrongGenotype

Hey I really love this tank. Do you still have it. I would be interested in it and I am fairly close, just outside of Sacramento.

Sent you a pm

• 4 months later...
Total inspiration

I love your work mate The tank looks mind blowing

Sold.

I should have bought when it was for sale.

aww you guys got my hopes up that there was an update. ..

Hows the new locale Gene?

There is an update.

The tank is apparently for sale again in San Jose.

WrongGenotype

aww you guys got my hopes up that there was an update. ..

Hows the new locale Gene?

The new locale is good. Got the fish room built up and waiting to do the new display until I get some funds rolling in. Ended up adding 4 40 breeders to qt along with the 90 and 135. Can't wait to start the display. It is going to be 96"x28"x24".

Archived