Coral Vue Hydros

Elos 120 Build

WrongGenotype

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
revaltion131

Your tank does look very nice. The stuff from the 29 seems to have filled it out nicely, a lot better than I would have thought. I hope your Potter's continues to do well. I had one for a long time and looooved it.

WrongGenotype
Your tank is looking good. I love the larger Elos tanks.

Your tank does look very nice. The stuff from the 29 seems to have filled it out nicely, a lot better than I would have thought. I hope your Potter's continues to do well. I had one for a long time and looooved it.

Thanks for the comments. It is a far way from being set up but I'm getting there.

The Potter was doing great. Eating everything in site excluding the coral. Fed the tank one night last week and in the morning the potter was gone. Checked all the params and everything was as should be. No clue what happened. :unsure:

revaltion131

I assume you've thoroughly examined the floor and plumbing? I've never had a centropyge play escape artist though...The downside is that when these guys die, regardless of the reason, they like to do it deep in your rocks...

I hope you're at least able to figure out what happened.

WrongGenotype
I assume you've thoroughly examined the floor and plumbing? I've never had a centropyge play escape artist though...The downside is that when these guys die, regardless of the reason, they like to do it deep in your rocks...

I hope you're at least able to figure out what happened.

I guess I said that wrong. I did find the remains and it was deep in the rocks.

Thanks for the regards.

revaltion131

Ah, I'm terribly sorry in that case. Are you thinking about trying one again somewhere down the road?

WrongGenotype
Ah, I'm terribly sorry in that case. Are you thinking about trying one again somewhere down the road?

Not sure if I will be trying again. I had it in the tank for around a month and of all the dwarf angels I have kept it was one of the more sensitive species. It was constantly swimming in and out of the rocks and would come and beg for food when you would approach the tank but it just seemed more sensitive to little changes. That is just the short experience I had with it and I am no expert with this type of dwarf angel.

WrongGenotype
Nice elos tank. And that is one nice looking pair of snowflakes.

Thanks I appreciate it. The clowns are extreme snow onyx that were originally purchased from alpha corals but I purchased them from a local reefer. Had to drive a couple hours to get them but they are worth it.

WrongGenotype
I think a pair of flame angels would look stunning in this tank. B)

Does this mean you have a pair for me?

Oh yeah BTW your space monster frag is ready to go. Meet up this weekend?

• 3 weeks later...
WrongGenotype
That angelfish won't nip on your corals or what? aha

You have a 50/50 shot when it comes to dwarf angels nipping. I've had success with flame and coral beauty but didn't really get a chance to see if this guy would or would not. :(

WrongGenotype

About a week after I moved everything over I had a huge die off which resulted in the tank cycling. I lost majority of my sps and alot of my other corals browned out and and or lost color. I moved about 90% of the coral and fish out and housed them at Aquatic Central. Thanks Chris. This gave me an opportunity to redo my rock work and I moved the mp20 to the same side as the mp40. I think this give a little better flow. Now that the tank parameters are back in line I have been putting some corals back in and picked up a nice stylo for Jess a diablo and a few nice rics from DDRM on nvr. Snapped a couple pics and thought I'd share them.

Elos120_FTS_7_2_2012.jpg

Elos120_LR_7_2_2012.jpg

Elos120_RR_7_2_2012.jpg

AcanRainbow_7_2_2012.jpg

AcanEchinata_7_2_2012.jpg

AcanRed_7_2_2012.jpg

Blasto_7_2_2012.jpg

Dendro_7_2_2012.jpg

OrangeRics_7_2_2012.jpg

Stylo_7_2_2012.jpg

Deleted User 4

Sorry to hear about the loss. May I ask why the tank was recycled? Or did you have to move the tank somewhere else? Thanks.

WrongGenotype
^ i assume it was things were out of the water too long during the move, resulting in die off and cycle.

Exactly

• 1 month later...
WrongGenotype

Here is an update for the tank. Haven't done too much to the hardware but did add biopellets. Also picked a doser and just need to set it up. As for the coral I have purchased a few pieces, replaced a few pieces, and trade for a few pieces. The tank is finally starting to come together since the crash and some corals are getting some color back.

Now on to the pics. If anyone knows the name of the third pic please let me know.

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

• 1 month later...
what are you dosing this tank? i see a lot of additives on the right

Chromaplex, Phytoplex, Microvert, Prime, Iron, Iodine, Essential Elements, Strontium & Molybdenum, PH and Alk buffers.

The usual gambit of useless stuff. :)

Honestly its a bunch of crap a rarely use. Every once in a while I'll throw some in. Was doing it more often when I was using cheap salt and not dosing but have been using Salinity for a while and just switched over to Microbelift.

Archived