Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

best super small heater

Jacob042426

Jacob042426

is there anything other than one of those pad heaters that will fit in either an ac20 or Drs.F&S surface skimmer filters? if there is a reliable pad heater, what is it?

thanks!

Jacob :)

i have a theo 25w in my picotope and i love it, but i would rather have something smaller.

I searched for very small heaters for a while and could not find anything smaller than the Theo but I could be wrong. There may be a titanium heater out there that is smaller but they tend to be higher wattages. Maybe a pad is going to be your best bet.

I used the hydor mini pad on my 1g connected to a RKL when it was setup. Had it sitting in my AC50. Worked pretty well.

Never used it without it. I dont see it being a problem, but I would make sure you have a good thermometer handy just to keep an eye on it.

Thanks! I actually don't even heat my water with a heater I use a giant halogen bulb! :lol:

Bad idea.

My 90gph pump heats any tank I've put it in up to the tropical temperature range. It brought 50F water in a 5g bucket up to 75f so I could QT a fish. Right now it's keeping a tank of guppies warm. Get a filter and see how much that warms up the water, then go from there. Remember, anything that lives in a reef is perfectly happy between 72F and 82F... I keep all of my tanks without heaters, the pumps and lights keep them warm enough. Even in the winter. Set the tank up, run the filter, then if you still need extra heat, get one of those 25w heating pads. No brand is better than the other by much. I've had reliable brands of heaters to blow up and unreliable brands to be just fine. It's not the difficult.

Archived