Coral Vue Hydros

40 breeder LEDs?

Singlefin

Hey Milad, what do you recommend for a 40b? 36x18Dx 16T tank. I asked a little while back and this is what you suggested:

"For that setup I would use our 3UPs, 12 of them. No optics, hung about 4inches from the surface

You then can go back and add some 660nm Deep Red and 495nm Turquoise to add color to bring out the oranges/reds/blues in your corals. You would only need a hand full of them to get the colors going. Probably 6-8 of each max."

How does this new white play into this setup also with the new makers 24" heatsink? Or do you recommend another setup? Trying to decide still has me spinning. I would like to have enough light for Sps and clams and be dimmable. Thank you

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Hey Milad, what do you recommend for a 40b? 36x18Dx 16T tank. I asked a little while back and this is what you suggested:

"For that setup I would use our 3UPs, 12 of them. No optics, hung about 4inches from the surface

You then can go back and add some 660nm Deep Red and 495nm Turquoise to add color to bring out the oranges/reds/blues in your corals. You would only need a hand full of them to get the colors going. Probably 6-8 of each max."

How does this new white play into this setup also with the new makers 24" heatsink? Or do you recommend another setup? Trying to decide still has me spinning. I would like to have enough light for Sps and clams and be dimmable. Thank you

The idea behind this OCW is to make it simple. You would just add 4 of them to the setup to get the colors to really come out.

So 12 3UPs, 4 OCW.

The idea behind this OCW is to make it simple. You would just add 4 of them to the setup to get the colors to really come out.

So 12 3UPs, 4 OCW.

So this is all I need? No exotic colors? Why is it ocean coral white when there are no white LEDs? Does this bring out the white?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
So this is all I need? No exotic colors? Why is it ocean coral white when there are no white LEDs? Does this bring out the white?

Exoitc LEDs are built into the OCW. When combined correctly the OCW is white to your eyes but actually 3 different colors mixing together. The reason we call it OCW is because its not really white but looks white and brings out the colors in corals (and fish).

A little goes a long way with these.

Thanks. You must be going crazy with all these questions from everyone. This is what I have. Am I missing anything?

e00d5e46.png

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

You are going to want some grease unless you already have some

Also you dont need the adhesive pads (the makers LED is designed to use grease)

That's right. Thanks. So if we buy now the order doesn't ship till mid may or do we wait till the heatsinks are available to place the order?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
That's right. Thanks. So if we buy now the order doesn't ship till mid may or do we wait till the heatsinks are available to place the order?

They wouldnt ship until Mid may when the MakersLED comes in.

Right now we have a decent amount of the 24" MakersLED but they are first come first serve (sorry I feel like a sales guy saying that). I dont think we will sell out of them but if you want to email me in a week or two I can let you know how close to selling out we are.

So you have some in stock already? Or you have a decent amount of orders already? Sorry, you must be over all these constant questions from everyone. That's what you get for Providing awesome products.

Just placed an order. Let me know if I'm missing anything or you recommend something else. Did I order the correct driver or is there something better? Thanks for all your help.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
So you have some in stock already? Or you have a decent amount of orders already? Sorry, you must be over all these constant questions from everyone. That's what you get for Providing awesome products.

We have to do production runs which take about 30 days from start to finish so as we take pre orders and the products get to us, we fill the pre orders as they come in. So if we only have 50 of the 24" heatsinks and 51 people order, the 51st person will have to wait.

Just placed an order. Let me know if I'm missing anything or you recommend something else. Did I order the correct driver or is there something better? Thanks for all your help.

What driver were you going to put the True Violets on? They wont fit alone on the 40w (because you need at least 6) and your 40ws are going to be used by the 24 RB 12 NW and 4 OCW. I think your best bet is to put them on the OCW driver.

I ordered 4 invetronics 40w 700a drivers. Is that too much?I just put the true violet in just in case I want to change the colors around. Not even sure if I going to use or need any. Cheaper than ordering more later. If I don't need them should I delete them and also a driver setup if it's too much?

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

You can put them on the OCW driver if you want but they will be overwhelmed by the other colors intensity.

Your driver count is correct.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Can I add 4 pots to my order? Is this the best way of limiting my LEDs and not blowing them up?

Just shoot me an email to get them added.

you really only need one extra for the OCW and TV to limit it to 500mA. The other LEDs max out past the driver limit.

following along to get ideas. Singlefin can you make a list of what you have or planning out to diy? what's the cost and when everything is done can you post your work! would like to check it out!

Definitely. I ordered the above pic minus the tape. Add grease and 4 true viole LEDs. $537. Not sure if I'm hanging the heat sink or resting it on the rim and enclosing it. We'll see.

Thinking of maybe making two clusters. One on each side. Not sure what my scape is going to be. Maybe two islands. Tank isn't setup yet. Almost done with the stand.

Definitely. I ordered the above pic minus the tape. Add grease and 4 true viole LEDs. $537. Not sure if I'm hanging the heat sink or resting it on the rim and enclosing it. We'll see.

Thinking of maybe making two clusters. One on each side. Not sure what my scape is going to be. Maybe two islands. Tank isn't setup yet. Almost done with the stand.

I was thinking about the same build as yours but with a little twist by adding 2 x T5 on each side. Don't know how i will do it but gonna look at yours to see what it is like in person or pictures instead of just a graph from the video they posted on their website. :)

Right on. I've been following your thread to. Looks good. Like the scape.

Thankyou for checking it out. Glad you like it alot!

Checking out your build leds too! because it is time to update my old Maxspect G2 160w soon!

Archived