• 15-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+
  2. 2. How long have you been in the hobby?

• Under 6 months
    • 6 mo - 1 yr
    • 1 - 2 yrs
    • 2 - 3 yrs
    • 3 - 4 yrs
    • 4 - 5 yrs
    • 5+

28, I'd like to say I've been in the hobby for 2 years but I've only had a saltwater tank up for about 2 months, moving, renovating and then a baby have been greater priorities but I'm in the process of shopping around and should finally have my tank(s) ready to go in June (cycling in May)!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. I've had saltwater tanks for about 6 years off and on. However only started Reef keeping about 2 years ago. No background in freshwater...lol I couldn't tell you anything about freshwater if I tried...other then there's no salt haha. I'm 24 and have been in the ocean since I was a tot.

31 have been doing this for about 7 years. i remember when power compacts where cool :D

haha me too! PC's were 'the bomb'! (actually that phrase went way out of vogue long before PC's....;)

30, reefing for 6 years...FW for....24:)

Why is this not in the lounge? I've only been a member here for a month or so and this already seems to be as much as a teen meet and greet than a forum for exchanging what works in nano reefs.

Why is this not in the lounge? I've only been a member here for a month or so and this already seems to be as much as a teen meet and greet than a forum for exchanging what works in nano reefs.

Lol...general discussion and lounge purposes get skewed....try checking the other sub forums for info regarding reef keeping. Such as Beginners discussion, members forums. Setup forums and the specialty forums for species specific things

Given the high rate of tween and child posters on this forum, am I the only one who thought the OP was a tad sketchy?

I'm 20 in april though.

TheUnfocusedOne

You learn well. It didn't used to be this way.

29 here...I've had Freshwater tanks for about 10 years give or take and jumped into saltwater around January. (Way before January if you count research.)

53 year old mom. Happily married to my sweetie for the past 24 years (longer than most of you have been alive - I'm feeling like the forum's granny lol) Got 2 boys one 22, one 18 both in college.

Been keeping saltwater for 20 years....just getting it right lol.

:)

And here's the picture behind my forum name. This is Ozymandias, my 29 inch high miniature horse.

b2a.jpg

TeflonTomDosh
53 year old mom. Happily married to my sweetie for the past 24 years (longer than most of you have been alive - I'm feeling like the forum's granny lol) Got 2 boys one 22, one 18 both in college.

Been keeping saltwater for 20 years....just getting it right lol.

:)

And here's the picture behind my forum name. This is Ozymandias, my 29 inch high miniature horse.

b2a.jpg

Themz good eatin

Archived