• 15-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+
  2. 2. How long have you been in the hobby?

• Under 6 months
    • 6 mo - 1 yr
    • 1 - 2 yrs
    • 2 - 3 yrs
    • 3 - 4 yrs
    • 4 - 5 yrs
    • 5+

Hello, My name is Jack Asburns, I am 46 years old and I am an alcoholic. lol I agree with whoever said this is a little creepy. Whats next, whats your sex and location? haha. We definitely know the number of kids and teens are on here, but do we know how many pervs there are on here lol?....just saying...age + location + figure out a name and bingo creep has found you! lol not like it ever happens on the internet tho right.

This thread clearly is asking the age demographic of this forum. Never asked for your name, location, or sex. Funny as to how fast you were willing to.provide all of the above. I'm sure if anyone was a perv and wanted to find these things, they wouldnt turn to a reef forum. You say there are a lot of teeny boppers on this site, but how could you really know if this thread was never created? If anything, I thought there was an older demographic on this site, and wanted to see how.many were in my age range. Experience of the poster plays a vital role in credibility, and sometimes I link age with experience. However there are some young ones with a good amount of experience. I'm just saying, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking advice from a 12 year old.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cnebo, great thread!

If this was in the lounge, those ignorant pukes would have Fck'ed it up by the 2nd or 3rd post.

Thank the Lord for Basser1, so far he's the oldest bastard on this thread. I'm 55 but never matured past 12.

Had FW forever, but only had a reef tank since last November.

I am 15

Been reefing for five years and currently work at my LFS whom i have been a customer of since the noob days, them and Nano Reef have taught me everything...

not to mention Youtube! :P

Teen Reefers FTW!!!

AZDesertRat

54 and been in the saltwater fish obby for over 30 years and reefs specifically for about 25 years. I have a sebae anemone and several soft corals that have been in my tanks for 22 years and 25 years respectively.

I am 15

Been reefing for five years and currently work at my LFS whom i have been a customer of since the noob days, them and Nano Reef have taught me everything...

not to mention Youtube! :P

Teen Reefers FTW!!!

My very first job was at my LFS at 14. Worked there for 5 years and enjoyed it every minute. No such thing as reefing back then. lol

acropora1981
I have a sebae anemone and several soft corals that have been in my tanks for 22 years and 25 years respectively.

Thats awesome!

This thread clearly is asking the age demographic of this forum. Never asked for your name, location, or sex. Funny as to how fast you were willing to.provide all of the above. I'm sure if anyone was a perv and wanted to find these things, they wouldnt turn to a reef forum. You say there are a lot of teeny boppers on this site, but how could you really know if this thread was never created? If anything, I thought there was an older demographic on this site, and wanted to see how.many were in my age range. Experience of the poster plays a vital role in credibility, and sometimes I link age with experience. However there are some young ones with a good amount of experience. I'm just saying, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking advice from a 12 year old.

If all you're after is age and nothing else just create a poll.

Damn near 37. Got into all this after working sailboat charters for a living for a couple of years. Moved all over the place after that and missed the ocean so much I decided to build a bit of it in my home.

Jacob042426
that's legit dude. for like a week just to see what kind of dough i could accumulate, i hunted silver coins. i took quarters, dimes, and nickels from random places. under couch cushions, my friends and families cars (not stealing when they don't care) dresser tops, the floor, cancer fund raising placards at the corner store, etc

I made 88 bucks one week. I did that a few years ago. I still keep all my change and put it in a jar. It's damn near 100 bucks every time I cash it in.

thank you for believing me! :lol:

it really works!

I'm 26 and have had a saltwater tank for less than a year. (Although, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember! Does that count for anything?)

I love how some people are putting their marital statuses in this thread....hmmm...maybe we should start a nano-reef dating thread for the singles!

EDIT: The singles that are of age. Nano-reef dating service FTW!

I'm 35. Reefing for like 5 years during the late 90's, then off for like 12 years, now back at it again.

And yes, I do remember when PC were cool!!! Hell, I remember when they first came out mainstream.

I love how some people are putting their marital statuses in this thread....hmmm...maybe we should start a nano-reef dating thread for the singles!

Just think, you have your first 4-5 dates conversation already lined up

1: favorite fish species

----go back to his place and see his tank. Oh dam, the lights are off, guess you'll have to stay till morning B)

2: favorite corals

----go back to her place and see her tank. Oh darn, the lights are off, guess you'll have to stay till morning :o

3: favorite invertebrates

----instead of flowers, he sends you a head of coral

4: your tank maintenance routine

----instead of tickets to the ball game, you buy him a MP10

5: You plan your first weekend together and map out a 2 day adventure of hitting every LFS state wide.

----you book a hotel room with water bed just so you can feel the motion of the ocean.

EDIT: The singles that are of age. Nano-reef dating service FTW!

You read my mind :lol:

----go back to his place and see his tank. Oh dam, the lights are off, guess you'll have to stay till morning B)

----go back to her place and see her tank. Oh darn, the lights are off, guess you'll have to stay till morning :o

5: You plan your first weekend together and map out a 2 day adventure of hitting every LFS state wide.

----you book a hotel room with water bed just so you can feel the motion of the ocean.

too funny

Sounds like you already have this game all figured out!

You read my mind :lol:

Who cares what kind of car he drives (or if he even has a car...job...place to live..or any of that other nonsense!)...as long as he has some sweet Jason Fox corals he has a chance!

Nice work Jacob! One of my coworkers went there and loved it.

Thanks man! Awesome that is good to hear, especially since one of your coworkers would (I assume) be connected to marine biology :D

At what base do we get to play with her polyps?

32.. somehow still married.. though the tanks almost did me in.. she finally figured out I wasn't getting rid of the tanks when I brought the 180g home.

Archived